1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Dust, so much dust.

seandavid55 Dec 15, 2019

1. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Some googling comes up with an overwhelming amount of plans and question in regards to collecting dust from grinding.

This dust is everywhere. A lot of it is magnetic and sticks to every drywall screw in the shop. Sticks to everything I'm working on. I need to do something.

A while back I picked up one of these because it was on sale with plans of getting a blower motor when I came across one.

Screenshot_20191215-084711_Samsung Internet-768x1365.jpg

This just popped up near by. I'm thinking scavenge the blower and motor and build a wall mount for it.

Screenshot_20191215-084808_Samsung Internet-768x1365.jpg Screenshot_20191215-084803_Samsung Internet-768x1365.jpg Screenshot_20191215-084759_Samsung Internet-768x1365.jpg

Any thoughts? Will this work for me?

Kelper likes this.
  2. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

I was just looking at these yesterday online. Grizzly was the top choice. What's tough is separating the hot metal dust from wood. I've been looking at a cyclone vacuum that spins material to cool and separate (!).

Kelper likes this.
  3. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I planned on just sticking with metal. Maybe adding a port to route wood into the shop vac. I dont know.

I should have bought that unit. Waited to long and it was gone. Oh well.

Kelper likes this.
  4. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

Now I can tell you. The double bag was the best for dust. I just picked up at least a cup of grinder dust tonight. I need a large opening to funnel the crap in into a can.
    Did you plan on putting the dust control unit outside and running line inside?

seandavid55 likes this.
  5. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I believe I'll just leave this right here....

jimmyjo, seandavid55 and Scott Meers like this.