1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Drop Down Boxes Blacked Out

longbow Nov 3, 2017

1. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

Running Windows 10 and my drop down boxes in web brower and frankly throughout Windows 10 are blacked out. Any easy fix to this without running an advanced scan of some sort, I forgot the name cause I am old. Supposedly corrupt Windows file as I understand it. Any advice is appreciated other than having me change OS. keepem sharp

Kelper likes this.
  2. longbow

fixed it

begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  3. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

How?

woodlander and Kelper like this.
  4. woodlander

woodlander Brigade Member Brigade Member

Inquiring minds want to know.

5. longbow

I downloaded it from Windows 10 updates which unbeknownst to me, apparently is the newest version of Windows 10. I knew what was wrong with the blacked out boxes but didn't want to go into the DOS to run everything I needed to run as an administrator. Seemed pretty labor intensive, the updates I just clicked on it and a couple of hours later working like a charm. keepem sharp

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    begreen61 and desmodus like this.
  6. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I got the new download from windows, talk about time took about an hour plus or minus, but any problems I had went away Plus the computer runs like a champ ,,it's fast as hell now