1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Beat Your Beast?

MTXCraze Jan 7, 2014

1. jamex

jamex Organic Polygraph JDBA Official Member

Time to update your jd forum title to "boner killer" :devilfinger:

...or perhaps "Total devotee to killing boners" ?

2. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

:fixed:

jjhamilton likes this.
  3. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Damn man, hope you got a vid of this.

Like the vid of Nard doing a hack aerial to his face.

4. tx101

tx101 Stuck in the middle with you JDBA Official Member

Or the one when Bitehandle stabs himself in the head :bwah:

5. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Scratched up the spa job

I use to look at the AB and see how pretty she is. But now a few months after she looks like she needs another spa job. Been going out flipping in other places outside hate to do it but it sure is nice to flip outside on a nice sunny day. Usually over the grass no dirt but of course she slid off the grass and hit the concrete got her first scratches. Learning ariles don't keep her nice either but the AB is definetly one tough knife.I Should of bought 2 when I had the chance. Thank you BRS for making the best flipper wish you guys all the luck.

6. Linos

i thought Nard did his foot ....or it`s another "incident"?

7. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yes!!!---I am getting ready to send my 1.0 in to BRS.
    So PLEASE elaborate!

8. Coconutfilipino

Whew!!!-
    I was worried for a sec...neveknd my previous post. (I only have some handle play, some stripped screws, and some blade rub...no mods.)

9. Linos

maybe they kept it for a case study?

10. Coconutfilipino

I flipped the heck out of my 1.0 and am getting ready to have it 'brought back' by BRS.

With my 2.0's..I have one I flip/ carry, and one hat has just sat mint.
    The user 2.0 is about to get carried more because the 1.0 is getting sent in.

I align much with what Andy was saying. I have slowly gotten to the point where if I am not gonna get to flip/use it, then it doesn't hold much allure for me...I want to be able to enjoy what I buy. I have gotten some to collect , but I also have been slowly selling/culling some of those off in lieu of ones I can use/enjoy.

And I forget who posted it, but I also subscribe to the 'don't abuse it if you don't have to' school of thought.
    I am not afraid to flip/ use any of them, but I try not to be stupid about it and choose my times/places for flipping accordingly. (This is also helped by one of the main points of Andy's post that I also agree with-I have knives for uses...I differ in that I always carry a Bali regardless , but most often my 'random cutting tasks' are reduced by having proper knives/ tools when and where I need them-so this drastically reduces the number of times my Bali might get called upon.)

11. Ronin0821

I fully agree with you having a few for carrying and collecting is smart I wish I would of bought a few more myself. I just started flipping outside I rather flip it back on my old chair that I set up for it. Stops the scratches but I'm with you on not being afraid to flip you have to enjoy it.

12. Frickbot

Frickbot Does not compute

was flipping my beast a few weeks ago and it slipped and the blade chomped down onto the glass lip of a bottle and put a pretty good dent into my blade, so for now its slightly above beater but i definitely don't flip it over the bed anymore. ill update this post with a picture later if i remember

13. lachrymalex

lachrymalex hellion on point

Since I got mine, I've been using it for everything; that's how I get used to handling knives, by using them. I've done food prep, cleaned and dressed small game, cut boxes with it, spliced some cablewire, cut some wireties, and of course, flipped the shit out of it. No major dings to the blade or handles; what minor scuffing it got buffed right out.

14. Ronin0821

Yea I wish I just had a ding in my blade instead of that my brand new Galaxy Note 3 takes a header off the couch without the case two days old and of course you know what happened. There's no buffing this out. So all I do is turn the music up and take it out on the Beast.

15. Shags

Shags Average member

C'mon...seriously? How long is "the time being"? I've been shoveling driveways saving for a 2.0. This is disheartening.

16. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I flip my AB everywhere. I was really careful with it until I got comfortable with it and now I sling that sucker all over the place.

Still have yet to damage it aside from a few tiny dings.

17. Wieland

Wieland Huge member

Dropped my beast today tip-first on tile, actually right before confirming a trade on it. The bending was slight and easy to fix, but it'll never quite be the same. On the plus side, she's now going to be my main flipper, so everything works out in the end. :manganr:

18. RedVenom

RedVenom Huge member JDBA Official Member

I only flip mine over dirt and a pile of hay just as good a bed and less chances of accidently letting god during a helix and being stuck into a wall.

19. 42flipper

42flipper JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I had 4 screws strip out of the spacers (I beat my beast daily). Instead of replacing the spacers (will prolly strip again), I got 4 pivots from the kind folks at BRS. Drill out the threads, pop in the pivots, loctight, easy peasy...

[​IMG]

20. goatlord666

goatlord666 Huge member

looks like the tip on that AB got bent too...still great job on the pivots!