1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Beat Your Beast?

MTXCraze Jan 7, 2014

1. Bnap

Bnap JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I beat it every day, usually over a towel or something. You know easy clean up. I also beat my beast....

2. Frickbot

Frickbot Does not compute

i need to know why...

seriously, how do you say something like that and not elaborate!

3. Vito445

Vito445 Huge member

I'm done with limited run, expensive this, custom that. I get the Production Bali's that I want, and I flip, carry, and use them. Abuse? Maybe. My newest knife is my 51 and it is so light it scares me. G10? What is G10 anyway? Do you see how thin the Ti is? I gotta say the knife is very well balanced, but switching to something so light messed me up and now I gotta flip with my left hand for a week or so. But what I mean to say is, I have no idea how durable this knife is, but the feel of it makes me think not so much.

4. Bnap

Bnap JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I would say the 51 is quite durable. I have abused the hell out of mine and it's fine, except for the tip of the blade.

5. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Just suffice to say sometimes mods preformed dont necessarily help performance :/ I dont have a magic machine to add material back to a product, so it can preform the way it did out of the box. We are exhausting every opportunity to restore JJ's product.

6. XxGRYMMxX

XxGRYMMxX The Crayola Kid JDBA Official Member

I flip all my balis. Smallfly, Kimura, Ti 51 and The B201 (my out in public trainer), they all get flipped anywhere I am and dropped frequently. The Ti51 has seen the least amount of use (mainly because its always out on passaround and I never have it...) but my kimmy has been to hell and back as my EDC knife and I-dont-give-a-fuck flipper. I expect that the EX09 will be one that I keep clean and only use over soft surface but who knows. And if I had a pAB, that would go everywhere and beat abused too.

7. tx101

tx101 Stuck in the middle with you JDBA Official Member

Gives you a very good excuse to buy a AB v2 :madaddy:

Sounds like JJ did a Moon dance on his AB :bwah:

8. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yea I here that must of been a bad day for JJ and I here where Loosey is comming from with trying to restore it. It has to be a bitch.

9. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yes apparently removing too much handle material, even by hand will cause the handles to become close enough to touch...who knew!!! So put down the sandpaper and let the pro modders do the work for you and save a trip to BRS Emergency Service Department!:jdwink2:
    Thanks to. BRS in working on it for me, if I can give you anymore challenges let me know!!

10. Ronin0821

That's the exact reason I don't modd or even mess with a little bit. I do not want to know how I can tighten loosen and that's it. I'm sorry for the lose and also sorry for bringing it up. Good luck hope all works out well

11. jjhamilton

I don't mind, Daddy always said if your not fucking up your ain't learning shit...:jdwink2:

12. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

When I was running cuts with a chop saw at a jobsite long ago, this carpenter came up to me and said, "dude this jack dont fit its too short". I said, "well let me just get my board stretcher and add the extra 1/8th you had me shave off it from before".

operational dimensions are kind of like that.

and JJ as well as all our customers are super nice to work with, so no complaints.

best-
    Loosey

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  13. Ronin0821

I fully here that on both parts

14. Ronin0821

Quick question my Beast has arrived at the post office at 10 am this morning. It says being processed being sent tomorrow. Is it possible I call them and see if I can get it today has anyone done that. I know I can call and ask just wondering if any of you guys have done that . Thanx

15. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

16. jjhamilton

Growing weed is less...explosive :ropeman:

17. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

The Postal Service has been working overtime during the month of December until now to get packages out for the holidays. You want to call them up and have some poor worker (who's busy with a crappy job) look for your package so you can have it today instead of tomorrow. Don't be an asshole.

***One day waiting isn't going to kill you

18. aBadMojo

aBadMojo Level: True Devil

solder it.:madaddy:

Naw! Sorry, I couldn't stop myself.:ropeman:

19. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I say give them a call... what's the worst that could happen with a disgruntled postal employee? :ropeman:

AnthonyTheAbyss likes this.
  20. Bill T

Bill T Snatch Boogie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Did somebody call?

Linos likes this.