1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Disney to Buy Marvel for $4 Billion

Mr.LaBella Aug 31, 2009

1. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

2. Peter Lezard

Peter Lezard Hobbit of Fortune

Yikes... I would say something about the mouse screwing up a bunch of my childhood hero's movies, but Marvel did a pretty good job of that themselves.... :angry_devil: :deadpool: :wolverine: :hulk:

3. Peter Lezard

Well I guess only a Hobbit and :ron: care about this... I can foresee a ton of crap coming from whatever pit that the mouse hides his "talent." Disney can suck my nuts. :demented:

Mr.LaBella likes this.
  4. Peter Lezard

:necropost:

[​IMG]

5. Ken Brock

Ken Brock Who's Awesome? Super Moderator

I guess the next Iron Man movie will have him battling the Little Mermaid or some shit

I fuckin HATE Disney

6. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

evil bastards!!!!!! have tried to get some of their films in. putting a testicle up for collateral is equalivalent to what they want.......

sickboy

7. Peter Lezard

Buzz Lightyear in the Avengers maybe? :cheesydevil: :ssad:

8. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

:devilzeek i thought marvel made tons of money with the movies and had their own studio , why do they need Disney:jdposts:

9. Snak3

Snak3 Little member

I'd be slightly pissed if this deal goes through. I mean what does Disney know about MARVEL or even superheros to begin with. do they have any superheroes? Or balls for that matter. Isn't it a tiny kids type shows? YES! Wolverine will be a musical, as well as the next iron man. I'm now becoming more of a DC fan. which is sad for me in that I compared that universe to Disney in so many ways. This is a shame. :ssad:

10. Peter Lezard

Lets just hope they don't buy DC...they might try and smash both worlds together...that would be stupid...oh wait.... :cheesydevil: :L337:

11. JMForge

JMForge knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

The good news is that since many of Marvel's products are geared toward an older audience, perhaps we might see something like Peter Parker getting Hannah Montana's spidey senses all tingly.:shockedevil:

12. JMForge

They know about the same as they did about CGI animation when they bought Pixar and look where that got them.:madaddy:

13. JMForge

$4 BILLION reasons. Iron Man was the first movie that Marvel actually made themselves and that is why they sold for so much. If the Pixar buyout is any indication, the Marvel guys will be staying on. The REAL funny part is that Universal is either going to have to change a number of their big rides in the Islands of Adventure park in Orlando or pay big royalties to their main competitor...lol.

14. Norcalflat

Norcalflat War Dance

Mmmmmm, Mystique at Disneyland :madaddy:

[​IMG]

15. Bruce

Bruce New Jersey's *other* Bruce

I can't wait for the first issue of:

SGT. MICKEY and HIS HOWLING MOUSKETEERS!:boboli::boomheadshot::molexey::gunner::punish::marty::gunfighter::killemall::quickdraw::lurkers::bwah::bruce:

16. Synghyn

Synghyn Devilz promotion and marketing squad Knife Maker or Craftsman

My favorite take on it so far, love this guy's comic.

[​IMG]

http://www.gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20090902

It's all just business bull anyway, if anything changes it'd screw up their bottom line and that aint what anyone wants. Probably nothing will change, if anything does, Disney will put a bigger CGI budget or better animators behind the Marvel character movies. They may suck in some ways, but Disney hasn't shown themselves to be either stupid or averse to money over the years.

Syn

Peter Lezard likes this.
  17. silenthunterstudios

silenthunterstudios The Jello Gigolo

Is Joe Quesada still in charge?

18. BlazenGem

BlazenGem child prodigy

Disney said they will not interfere with what Marvel produces, just in for the profit I guess.

19. JMForge

Does that surprise you? Disney is not in the "art for art's sake" business and wake up and smell the coffee, kids.........Marvel is a freaking comic book company, not some London academic publishing house. How much could anyone screw it up? You are all 40 years old, so the "I'm a collector" bit doesn't even work any more. Stop reading kiddy literature.:devilzeek:cheesydevil:

20. Peter Lezard

How much would Marvel be worth if it was not for us "kiddies"

BUYING THE DAMN BOOKS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!