1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Dimentions of the BRKT kitchen ultility?

Andy Feb 21, 2008

1. Andy

Andy Mostly Harmless

I was just wondering if anyone had one that they could give full dimentions of
    I'm after
    blade depth
    handle depth
    handle thickness

Also how have you found it in use? Though I really like my 10inch chef knife it's difficult to do tricky work.

2. trldad

trldad Huge member

Andy
    The specs for the kitchen utility are Here
    Hope it helps you out.:wes:
    trldad

3. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

It took me a little while to get used to the BRKT Kitchen. The handle config seemed wierd at first. Then i just used it more and more. it is currently my go-to on about everything from meats to limes to about anything else where I do not need a rocking or chopping action, or if I need to do something a little more "beefy," like bust up frozen fruits in a big lump.

I use only four knives in the kitchen currently - the Barkie kitchen util, my four inch Messermiester chef's knife, the pink Barkie Mini North Star and an 8-inch Messermiester chef knife.

The kitchen Util has been sharped only occassionally, despite having that scrawy-ass stock on it. I love it and would not hesitate to get another if this one became lost or unserviceable.

Jenny made one at the Grind-in last year, and if this one ever gets fubar'd I think we'd finally use hers. Maybe not though, since hers is pretty and I tend to treat pretty things badly.

rudechuck likes this.
  4. Andy

Andy Mostly Harmless

It doesn't give the blade depth and handle thickness anddepth though