1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Did I ruin my blade?

Rift Mar 26, 2019

1. Rift

Rift Little Member

Hello everyone, I just attempted to sharpen my Benchmade Osborne 940-2 and believe I over sharpened it? When using an electronic sharpener I went for a 15 degree edge and to sharpened to the tip like I have read to do and now my tip doesn't exist and it's uneven. Does anyone know how to correct this?

received_405820270181455.jpeg

2. Turkeytooth

Turkeytooth JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

It's nowhere near ruined, but you will need to reshape it to bring the tip back.

3. Rift

Rift Little Member

By reshaping do you mean continue grinding the new edge? Or further work once I have finished sharpening?

4. Turkeytooth

Turkeytooth JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

5. Rift

Rift Little Member

Thanks for helping me get this sorted out.

Turkeytooth likes this.
  6. Jcoat7

Jcoat7 Tiny Member

if you really wanted to part with your knife, you could have sent it to Benchmade, and they would have sharpend it for you.

7. Worker

Worker Slacker Brigade Member

I want to add 20 plus years ago when I really stared getting into knives I ruined tips, made knives duller and all sorts of stupid stuff. But, I learned from it and now I can enjoy my knives and sharpen them. Better to learn a skill through trial and error than not learn IMHO.