1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Design of Fighting Blades Under 8"

inferna Apr 26, 2020

1. inferna

inferna Tiny Member

Hello, I want to see people's knowledge and opinions of good and bad fighting knives. If you have experience in regards to this, that'll be very contributing to the thread.

I want to read about knife design and its supposed effects, not about your training or something tedious to the actual subject matter.

Between the dashes, I'll remind people about the general idea of a knife attacks and give basic scenarios to prevent chaotic arguing.

---
    A knifeman's assault can be well planned due to the predictable lethality of a knife. It's the offender who's initiating on specific conditions. It only requires the assailant to input, accuracy, obstruction and speed (aggression and skill) on the victim until the poor guy loses his motor control and is left at his mercy.

Scenarios:
    Attack in constricting places
    Attack on an armed victim in constricting places
    Attack on the street

Attack on an armed victim on the street
    ---

I want to talk about contemporary fighting knives, whether or not the width, thickness or shapes do something when stabbing or striking.

[​IMG]

From what I seen, the flat grind blades did the deepest cut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why do we have so many knife designs???

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  2. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Simple question ,, if the fighting knife was all the same manufactures would not sell them ,,virility is the key to selling knives ,,we all have different taste and options ,,it's more of a human thing than what works best ,,me I like a fat spine ,,even rounder spine and edge ,,when penetration accusers ((BABY)) LOL ,,your going to bleed out a hole lot more and to really drop an opponent slashing is highly affected to disable your opponent ,cut his arms and legs prevents him from fighting ,,then take him out ,,thats why i like the rounded edge ,,more cutting area to slice and dice ,, D/E are great too for stabbing ,,and enables one for faster penetration and Many like a thinner blade because again for penetration
    Heres a few of my favorites i own ,,but what I like others may dislike Most of mine are Busse Combats and do have a great CRK Roberts and a Dalton made for stabbing but I would never use a auto for a fight ,,if your hand hit the plunger button ,,you be fucked ,,My too cents,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

g
    Humpback Busse ,,,Steel Heart,,,and a Fatty Boss Jack
    IMG_2949.JPG
    Ash 1 fatty by Busse,,,Satin Jack and a Brain fart ,,can't remember the name of the white one Duhh all Busse's

IMG_2950.JPG Lastly Robert CRK and a Dalton Cupid #4 militia . I also like CRK hollow handles sold most of them

IMG_2951.JPG

Much Respect
    g

inferna likes this.
  3. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Fighting how???? the scenarios are endless and one can never be ready for all, life does not come to you according to your plans and is not a movie either, knife fights go fast and nasty, best is not get into one but if you are in a situation that you need force a gun or even a baseball bat will do you much better, look at the video here(sorry is in spanish)

begreen61 likes this.
  4. inferna

inferna Tiny Member

I think you should have read the novel introduction which addresses your concern

Rio likes this.
  5. Rio

RIF lmao! No concern just coming from my life experience but I was off topic, sorry

6. begreen61

sucks they blurred it ,,looks like he got hit in the center of his chest ,,holding his hand there after the other lunged at him . No military or martial arts skills in that video ,, basic street fighting ,,that can be nasty ,,but got to agree with ya Rio ,, I would prefer a Bat ,,,,,bottom line may none of us end up in that situation

g

7. begreen61

sucks they blurred it ,,looks like he got hit in the center of his chest ,,holding his hand there after the other lunged at him . No military or martial arts skills in that video ,, basic street fighting ,,that can be nasty ,,but got to agree with ya Rio ,, I would prefer a Bat ,,,,,bottom line may none of us end up in that situation

g

Rio likes this.
  8. inferna

inferna Tiny Member

I’ve come to a conclusion., it’s really just about being convenient, usable and ready for the action. It has to be long enough at least 4”, with good balance. and then 90% of simple existing designs will do the exact thing you need it to do, that is if, you know how to assault then they all do the same thing. Its just got to be sharp.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Rio and begreen61 like this.
  9. Rio

All those knives do something, they will cut and stab for sure, the ones with a guard will offer better stoppage so the user won’t cut his own hand which tends to happen in knife fights.

begreen61 likes this.
  10. inferna

inferna Tiny Member

I've had problems with over penetration and oversized choils, losing your grip because you don't have a guard probably means you have bitch hands.

11. Rio

In a knife attack the perpetrator can unintentionally injure his own hand, if the knife does not have an adequate handguard and the tip of the blade hits a solid, mostly bony structure while being violently thrust into the victim's body. The injuries occurring under these conditions are localized on the flexor side of the knife-holding hand and may include the index, middle, ring and little fingers. They are seen particularly often on the little finger at the level of the proximal phalanx and in the skin fold of the proximal interphalangeal joint. The majority of these cuts run transversely to the longitudinal axis of the fingers and can show a step-like arrangement with different distances to the metacarpophalangeal joints, often from ulnar-proximal to radial-distal. In the six cases presented the injuries were most pronounced on the ulnar side of the hand. When the flexor tendons of the fingers are also severed and the tendon stumps are strongly retracted this indicates that the fist was firmly closed at the time of the injury.

12. inferna

inferna Tiny Member

Are you trying to piss me off with that paragraph? Or you're a comedian. I'm using one of my smaller owned knives and smashed it into a brick wall and making sparks fly, the only thing that's hurting is the pieces of brick going into my eye and an aching wrist. Next time you go full retard, do it on somebody on your level of stupid alright

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020