1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Derek and the Dominoes

Clydetz Jul 26, 2011

1. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Don't ask me why but the songs 'Layla' and 'Bell Bottom Blues' came to mind so I started to do a search. Kept coming up with Eric Clapton but I remember them being done by Derek & the Dominos back in the '70's. Then things fell into place. :easydevil: Only wish I could hear them again.

[youtube]UY4KGsotXPQ&feature[/youtube]

[youtube]BKAYGVIkbok[/youtube]

DaBird likes this.
  2. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

One of my favorite bands of all time. The live version of Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad might possibly be the best song I've ever heard.

3. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Saw them live at Fillmore East when I first got out of the service....phenomenal show, it combined elements of Cream, Blind Faith, Clapton`s first solo album, and Derek & The Dominos "Layla" album. They were one of the few bands (along with the Allman Bros.) whose live sound equaled or exceeded their studio recordings.
    (Get the Fillmore East Live album, as well as the Blind Faith album if you`ve never heard it....it will blow your socks off)

P.S.: Add Clapton`s first solo album (the one where he`s sitting in a chair, holding his guitar) to that list as well....it`s awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
  4. DaBird

DaBird Sasquatch Bali-ho

Derek and the Dom. was one of the POWER bands that I loved !!!

And Bell Bottom Blues was my favorite song by them and they had a bunch of great songs.

5. KMNREMTP

KMNREMTP Devil's Playmate

I love Layla.... makes me miss my neice.... I love her too..... Her name is Layla too.... I guess it's a love triangle?

6. Blastmaster1972

Blastmaster1972 Koele Duivel

Layla is an EPIC song!

Clapton is one of the best guitar players EVER.

Kind regards,

Jos

7. senatorjj

senatorjj Little member

Mighty fine cover of Little Wing, kinda blew away the original in my book.

8. Jnich67

Jnich67 Average member

Some of the best ever (sorry, this won't seem to let me embed)

http://youtu.be/l4hv_8TXFWg

Jordan

[video=youtube;l4hv_8TXFWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4hv_8TXFWg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
  9. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

Great thread, Clydetz! It's cool you can at least remember them, if not hear them.

Clapton is easily one of my top 5 favorite guitar players, if not at the top of the list. IMO, Derek & The Dominos is by far his best work, and In Concert is one of the best live recordings ever.

This piece is about as good as it gets.

:linkbutton:

Here's a funky version of Got To Get Better In A Little While.

:linkbutton:

One more live one.

[​IMG]:linkbutton:

There's no video, so I just put them as links.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
  10. Jnich67

Jnich67 Average member

Great stuff! I like their take on Little Wing too (Edit: Oops! I see that's been mentioned :schmoove:).

Jordan

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
  11. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Great thread idea Clydetz!

Already mentioned twice so I had to post Little Wing.

[video=youtube;askw_TvY0sU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=askw_TvY0sU[/video]

I used the Allman Bros version since it was Duane Allman who played slide guitar on the original version with Derek and the Dominoes.

One of the top rock ballads of all time in my book since Hendrix, Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughn all played the hell of it.