1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

DB3 questions

Arnisador78 Jul 31, 2020

1. Arnisador78

Arnisador78 Tiny Member

I was searching through the archives and saw some of the Dogbite build offs! I wish USA knife maker still sold these knives/ kits. I have been wanting one for a while and I just bought one! I’m waiting for it to arrive. It’s a DB3. Are the small pivots on these a problem, do the bigger pivots on the 3.1 make a huge difference? Are there any negatives I should I should know about that I can mod to make better? I see USA KM still has blade blanks. I might commission a reblade be made for, it maybe with the bigger pivots/bushings.
    I look forward to hearing your feedback and I’m excited to finally add one of these to my meager collection.

Albert

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  2. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

bigger pivots is supposed to help eliminate play and a bigger torx is needed for less stripping and potentially damaging the hardware

sweet db3. i always liked how comfortable they are. a little short but still a great flipper. thats cool that someone took out the top barrels. i never did that to mine but thought it needed it.

Balibuyer, Arnisador78 and chutcher like this.
  3. Arnisador78

Arnisador78 Tiny Member

Thanks for your input. I really wanted the 3.1 but this came up and I impulsively bought it. No regrets lol. I have heard people compare it to an alpha beast, but shorter. The pivots on the DB3 remind me of the V1 AB pivots. I want to get full length spacers for it and anodize it purple or toxic.

Balibuyer and apdallaround like this.
  4. apdallaround

whatever you do, flip the shit out of it :helix:

Balibuyer and Arnisador78 like this.
  5. Arnisador78

Arnisador78 Tiny Member

Haha! Yeah buddy;). Do you still have yours?

Balibuyer and apdallaround like this.
  6. apdallaround

no
    i had a 3.0 and a 3.1
    sold them both

Balibuyer and Arnisador78 like this.
  7. Arnisador78

Arnisador78 Tiny Member

Ah man! So could you tell a difference between the two as far as how they flip and tolerance?

Balibuyer likes this.
  8. apdallaround

i cant remember

Balibuyer likes this.
  9. Arnisador78

Arnisador78 Tiny Member

NKD! Well new old knife day lol.

Attached Files: