1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

dangit dangit dangit

stephanfowler May 17, 2010

1. stephanfowler

stephanfowler knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

well I seem to have a problem...

I may not get to test for my J.S. this year after all.

when I first joined the ABS in 2007 they were still allowing membership applications through their web store. I filled out the information and made payment.

due to the joy that was the store back then it never actually got me set up as a member. I had thought I worked it out with Jan (the lady who was doing all the ABS bookkeeping at the time) but I just got a call from Dan Cassidy (now in charge of said bookkeeping) saying my join date is listed as 2008

I am rather sad now, I've busted hump the last couple months trying to finish my 5 knives, I've thrown away 6 blades that I wasn't happy enough with. wasted 3 nice blocks of ironwood ripping off handles to fix something, etc.

I have 4 knives that I'm super pleased with and the fifth is gluing up now and looks to be everything I want.

not sure where it's going to go from here, I'll hopefully talk to Dan tomorrow and see what happens.

sorry for the vent, needed to blow steam.

I'ma go grab a brew and try not to let it get me.

mehhhh huh1huh1huh1

2. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

That sucks buddy.

Hope it works out for you.

3. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Best of luck with regulating this setback. Hang in there!

4. P. McKinley

P. McKinley knifemaker formerly known as "Dacks" Knife Maker or Craftsman

Stephan - If some tactful "persuasion" is need, I know these two guys Rocko and Luigi who are very results oriented.::ssmile:

Hope it works out for you.

5. unreconstructedgordo

unreconstructedgordo Level: True Devil

Remember MD telling you it was run like the 14th century Church?