1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

DaBirds sword WIP

EBlackmore Sep 23, 2011

1. EBlackmore

EBlackmore Hellfire Forge Knife Maker or Craftsman

Im making a short Filipino style sword for DaBird and thought Id share the process with you guys as I go along. Im starting with a piece of 5160 and will be forging a 24 inch blade.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
    KMNREMTP and 321sold.biz like this.
  2. Blademan101

Blademan101 Huge member

I have a couple Filipino fighting knives that I purchased some years ago from a doctor back from some missionary work there. Great hand made knives, a little rough and crude but interesting none the less. I would love to see the finished blade. Thanks for sharing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blade.

3. knifezoid

knifezoid Bladerunners Systems -=BRS=- Knife Maker or Craftsman

Very cool. Like DaBird needs more edged tools...

4. EBlackmore

Movin right along...got it roughly forged out and have established the distil taper. Ill pound out the tang, refine the shape and start the edge bevels next. Birdssword 3.5.jpg

Birdssword 4.5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
  5. DaBird

DaBird Sasquatch Bali-ho

Maybe I'll use this one to shave a little off my beard !!
    Maybe not --- Halloween is coming and I can scare the candy out of the trick ot treaters with it instead !! :bwah:

Lookin good already Earl --- like Murder and Mayhem in the making :demented:

6. EBlackmore

And its pretty well roughed out. Ill go over it with a flatter and then start the edge bevels. Birdssword 5.5.jpg

DaBird likes this.
  7. KMNREMTP

KMNREMTP Devil's Playmate

DaBird gets all DaCool shit!

8. 321sold.biz

321sold.biz Better than gold or platinum

Gotta wake up pretty early if you plan to get between Bird & a blade he wants:bwah:

9. KMNREMTP

I'm gunna just end up moving in with his ass, that way I can play with all his blades! AND DaBeast!

10. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Just looking at your photos, I can 'hear' the 'pinging' of the blade being struck by the hammer. Don't make the blade too sharp, Mr. Blackmore... I've heard that DaBird sometimes picks up da swords on da wrong end. :devil1:

11. DaBird

DaBird Sasquatch Bali-ho

Earl ----- edamacte me --- the only "flatter" that I know about is some girls I messed around with in High School -- some were flatter then others but they all were fun :madaddy:

Is that sledge at the bottom left in pic the "flatter" hammer ???

Gary --- when Earl is done with this badass blade , I can get hurt with it at either end if i'm not carefull:devilzeek Just think of that old Foreigner song "Headknocker" and stay tuned for the twist Earl designed for me:demented:

12. EBlackmore

Yeah, the flatter is the square flat faced hammer. You use it by setting it on the blade and whacking it with another hammer to flatten the surface out.

13. EBlackmore

The bevels are hammered in and its starting to look like a sword. Next, if its where DaBird wants it Ill clean up the profile and refine the shape. Birdssword 6.5.jpg

Birdssword 7.5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
  14. DaBird

DaBird Sasquatch Bali-ho

Lookin real good Earl !!!
    I like the loooong narrow clip point -- gets between DaRibs or reaches DaVitals with very little effort :demented:

IS IT DONE YET ???

IS IT DONE YET ???

IS IT DONE YET ???

IS IT DONE YET ???

Earl -- don't mind me --- I'm just "practicing" :bwah::ross:

15. KMNREMTP

I'm ready to see the finished project! Oh yeah, this is gunna be a passaround blade right?

16. EBlackmore

Got its profile cleaned up and the forging is finished. I put a picture of my ugly mug with it to give it some perspective. Birdssword 8.5.jpg

Birdssword 9.jpg

17. KMNREMTP

Eblackmore, you're doing one helluva job on that sword! I know for a fact that DaBird is going to LOVE it! I've seen a ton of his collection and seen the blade styles he likes, and that's gunna fit riiiiight in! My only complaint is that I'm dying to see the finished project!

18. 321sold.biz

321sold.biz Better than gold or platinum

Dabird said he had a pirate sword being made....but he didn't say he had a pirate making the sword:bwah::bwah::bwah:

good Looking sword Mr. blackmore! keep up the fine work!

jimmyjo likes this.
  19. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

WOW, very large and cool

20. the dude

the dude this aggression will not stand man

sword? cool- muttonchops? outfuckinstanding!:devilzeek