1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Kimura?

creich420 Mar 26, 2013

1. creich420

creich420 Enormous member

I have one of those blemished kimura 5's (polished with 4 x's) and love fucking around with stuff making stuff my different
    Going to do a spring latch on mine soon and wanted to know if anyone has done some cool things with theirs?
    Also plan on doing some checkering on it for better grip because the polish makes it harder to hold onto
    love to know what people have done or what would be a cool idea. thanks

2. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I have seen some people put G10 scales on their kimmys, I made a spring latch for my kimura 1 and that worked out fine I would love to put a spring on my kimura 2 but I haven't found a style of doing it that I like yet.

3. Wheelman185

Wheelman185 Huge member

Best way to make a spring latch for a Kimmie would be to get a replacement spring latch for a clone. I won't mention where to get one because I already mentioned the word clone. That's already one JDBA sin.

Apparently the Top most spacer above the latch makes a perfect distance to stretch the extension spring. All you have to do is grind and/or file the barrel of the latch to fit. You can always grind/file/sand the UFO part to make it look similar to the Kimmie's.

I haven't done this myself. All you need would be a creative way to fill the holes where the second spacer typically goes, because the spring is in the way.

There may or may not already be a thread where someone already may have done this.

4. HonorHer

HonorHer Custom Knife Builder JDBA Official Member

5. JohnnyBmore

JohnnyBmore Balisong defender

6. creich420

creich420 Enormous member

wow :devilzeek i might just do something like the one purp did thanks for the help.

7. ultrahesh

ultrahesh Heathen among the saints Brigade Member

I put bushings in one of mine. It's pretty easy, but a little bit expensive

8. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Some SS barrel spacers would be nice...

9. nitegaunt

nitegaunt Average member

I remember seeing pics of that one on the Arena. That was really nice! I'd love to be able to pull something that beautiful off with one of mine. I have thought about polishing the blade and duracoating the handles black but I don't know how to deal with the tang pin.

10. Xynche

Xynche Huge member

What's wrong with the current spacers?

11. balisongman24

balisongman24 Canadian Flipper

thats soo fucking sexy!