1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Chainmaille

joshuawy Feb 9, 2011

1. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

You read right fellows! Chainmaille made by hand right here in my workshop. I make anything that you could possibly want, pouches, to bracelets, to bras for the ladies. I will be posting pictures of samples as soon as i can take them. If you don't see what you want, send me a PM and we can discuss custom projects being made.

For now a sample of my work:

Chainmaille Coin Purse; $35 shipped, holds a can of soda inside
    Made of 1/4", 14ga Galvanized Steel.
    [​IMG]

26" Byzantine Neclace; $15 shipped, beautiful weave
    Made of 1/4", 14ga Galvanized Steel.
    [​IMG]

Fingerless Maille Gloves; $45 shipped, custom fit
    Made of 1/4", 16ga Galvanized Steel.
    [​IMG]

I can make more or less anything you want, here is another example:
    Maille Bra, price varies based on size
    Made 1/4" 16ga Galvanized for the cups and 3/8" 14ga on the straps. all 4-in-1 euro.
    [​IMG]

Here is another piece that i modeled after a kusari fundo
    The handle is Full presian and the other end is byzantine, with a 2-in-2 chain. About 34" in length
    [​IMG]

Anything that you see can be made out of Aluminum or Stainless, but prices will vary slightly. Color Accents are also available.
    And once again, i can make much more, this is just what i have pictures of. If you want something custom, let me know and we can talk about pricing and time frames.

Thank you for looking!

Preferred payment is PayPal

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
    Mr.LaBella likes this.
  2. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

Colored aluminum is available on anything i make for a slightly higher cost due to materials. More pictures to come when i can get some from the people i've made for. And some people abide by, what you pay for is what you get, and this is not always true, especially with chain maille. Any problems will be fixed within the first 30 days, at the cost of shipping.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
  3. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

If you would like a proof of what a specific weave looks like, let me know and I can whip one up real quick for you so you can get an idea of the look.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
  4. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

If you would like to have a pendant, or an item like that integrated into a necklace i can do that for you as well.

5. GlockNRolla

GlockNRolla Intergalactic Booty Hunter

Pretty cool chainmail. Any other jewelry planned?

You should make the bottom piece to complete this outfit. Could be a 'Red Sonja' costume.

:devilzeek :devilzeek :devilzeek :devilzeek :devilzeek :devilzeek :devilzeek :devilzeek :madaddy: :madaddy: :madaddy: :devilzeek :devilzeek :devilzeek :devilzeek :devilzeek :devilzeek :devilzeek :devilzeek
    [​IMG]

6. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

Unless i have an order i generally just play around and make what comes to mind and have some fun tinkering. I have made a few bracelets and such, but they're long gone, before i could get pictures of them. As for the other half of the outfit, it's done, she's just very self conscious, took me forever to get her to model this one for me.

7. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

A few more sample weaves:
    [​IMG]
    Left to right: 4-in-1 Half Persian, Full Persian, 2-in-2 Chain, Byzantine chain, and a Mobius Chain

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
  8. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

i'm going to be ordering some supplies soon, so if you want me to make something let me know and it'll get here faster than if i have to order separately.

9. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Completely out of fucks to give Brigade Member

How much does the purse weigh?

10. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

I don't happen to have a scale, but my estimates put it between 1.5 and 2 lbs

11. walnutbear

walnutbear Little member

Hi friend,I want fingerless gloves!
    Stainless Steel?
    Maybe I can send you a pair of my gloves
    and you could make to go over top of them.
    I think this would b more practical for me.
    Let me kno what you think Brian

Winter likes this.
  12. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

I can do that for you, i'll send you a pm with some details.

13. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

I now offer micromaille!

14. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

EDIT: Got the pics up!

[​IMG]
    Left to right: Byzantine, Mobius Chain, 2-2 chain, Center (top down): Spiral, Dragon Scale, Captive Inverted Round(C1), RSD chain, Orbital Chain, 4-1 Half Persian

[​IMG]
    Close up of the Captive Inverted Round (C1)

[​IMG]
    Close up of the Dragon Scale

Hope you all enjoyed these pics.

I use pinch cut rings when i experiment, as the cost is lower, when I make pieces for people, I never use pinch cut, always Saw Cut.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
  15. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

We of the Mighty Jerzee Devil applaud your efforts and please, convey to the lovely lady that she is indeed a hugely attractive woman with nothing to be self-conscious over.

jimmydred likes this.
  16. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

now if i could only get her to believe that

Parker likes this.
  17. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

I just looked. It's such a shame you're in Ohio. I do well with such conversations "in person." :madaddy:

How about this - tell her a Genuine Expert on beautiful and sexy women with more years experience judging such matters than she has had birthdays says she is the frigging bomb, and perhaps she should log in and we can explain that straight-away?

Then give her my number.....or Knife_Girl's :devilzeek

18. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

*bump*

19. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

*bump*

20. joshuawy

joshuawy Huge member

*bump*