1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Barkie for Trade

mack1 May 27, 2008

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

This is described as a "Slim Utility/Fighter", a Custom 2006. It appears to be very close to the Gent's Fighter on Bark River's site.
    Mike has told me there are only about 20 of these in existence.
    The leather sheath that came with it does not hold the knife, so I made up a Kydex one for it. I used Chicago Screws because, as we all know, kydex has this bad habit of putting little scratches on the blade, and I put that blue Painter's Tape to prevent that. However, there are a few light scratches on the blade, that can be buffed out. It came to me in that condition. No big deal.

Thing is, this knife is just too big to be an EDC! Besides, with so few of them, I'm hesitant to make this a "User".

What I'm looking for is a Trade. This knife, plus both sheaths, for either a BR Hedgehog, or a Nebula, in similar condition. I've touched up the edge with 2000 grit, then stropped on leather. And it is scary sharp!

Steel is 12C27. Blade 5". Overall length is 9 3/4". Natural Canvas Micarta handle.

Anybody interested?

2. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

Anybody want to buy this?

3. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

I've got your Hedgehog - PM sent earlier -

4. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

Parker, it says yer "Online", but maybe you ain't. Get in touch with me!

5. Parker

PM back at you a minute ago - I walked away from the tube for a while - thanks!

6. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

Apparently, deal done with Parker!:semper:

Thanks all!

Post #4000!:mack:

7. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

Knife is on it's way to Parker!:mack:
    Hope you enjoy it buddy!
    That's what it's all about.

8. Parker

Just FYI - this is inbound at ya - really nice example of a "pocket knife."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

That'll work just fine!

I know there's quite a difference between the 2 knives but, I wanted someone to have this knife that would use it, as I would not. It's not that I didn't like the knife, it was just a bit too big.
    That's what Barkies are for!:jdwink2::manganr:
    I hope ya like it, Parker!
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.