1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

covid 2020 first day of school

apdallaround Sep 7, 2020

1. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

my kids go back to school tomorrow

they will only go 2 days a week because no parents work full time jobs :xxrotflma

i’m very nervous

just felt like puking..... i mean posting

best of luck to any parents in a similar boat

2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

LockdownNuttiness.gif

Kelper and apdallaround like this.
  3. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Kelper and crogers like this.
  4. GalaxyGrove

GalaxyGrove JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I'm feeling a little nauseated myself. My kids have online learning for the first two weeks, then back to school (hopefully). They will be required to wear a mask in their classrooms, only allowed to take them off for lunch and recess. I've got a 5-year-old and an 8-year-old. Not sure how they expect a 5-year-old to take an online class.

Kelper and apdallaround like this.
  5. Blalchawk357

Blalchawk357 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

No kids here, but good luck to you all

apdallaround and Kelper like this.
  6. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Grandkids in UK. gone back to school. They looked great in their uniforms. I am worried..local niebourhood kids home schooled...virus is in.local schools..

crogers and apdallaround like this.
  7. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

My oldest is a freshman in college and started almost 5 weeks ago. He’s in a dorm and 1/3 of his classes are online. So far, COVID is under control, but the numbers are creeping up. He gets tested every week. My wife thinks they’ll eventually send the students home, like they did in March. Yesterday was the last day to get a refund for the dorm and meal plan.

My youngest is in 11th grade. The school was online only for the first quarter. We had the option for online school for the second quarter and we chose it, so no in-person classes before the new year.

My employer is only letting specific employees come in. They say I can work from home until June 30, 2021 even if they start allowing everyone back. Now I just pray the economy doesn’t take a shit and they start layoffs.

Kelper likes this.
  8. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

One of my granddaughters have started Uni in Uk. Grandsons are back in school and all is well.. around here parents have mostly opted for home schooling. The active numbers are way above a couple of months ago.

crogers likes this.