1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Combative Edge balisong?

Charlie Mike Apr 29, 2015

1. Papercuts

Papercuts JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I find it funny that the youtube vid just shows 'fancy' flipping. :devilroll:

2. Combative Edge

Combative Edge Combative Edge™ Knife Maker or Craftsman

As I said, I interact with customers daily and over the years have even become close friends with a few. Anyone that has done business with us (for the most part) has nothing but great things to say about our products, customer service etc.. And of course many over the years that have not liked certain designs, features, etc. That have voiced their opinion on that in a respectful and helpful way which we appreciate and have taken the information on a few occasions and used it.

My point was the "way" it is done. And please understand that while the majority of our feedback is positive, there is always the internet/forum asshole that has to say some sort of disrespectful, rude comment, probably to make up for all the wedgies they got in high school. So having to also deal with "that" inevitable annoying dipshit is the reason my comment of "This is why I don't waste my time interacting on forums came from.. I AM NOT TALKING TO THE MAJORITY OF YOU! Just the ones that will drive me fucking crazy to have to hear after working my fucking ass off still to this day to build this company!

3. deathpoop

deathpoop JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Have you handled an alpha beast or a replicant? I think the things that make a good flipper ( balance, ergonomics, grip, etc) is what makes a good knife for the martial artists or tactically minded people. Something with no snags, feels good in the hand and the ability to manipulate the blade without thought are, at least to my understanding, the foundation of a good knife behind the blade of course.

This is all good feedback, you would be remiss to ignore it. Wisdom is wisdom, and thus valuable regardless of the source

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
  4. Combative Edge

Combative Edge Combative Edge™ Knife Maker or Craftsman

We had to put something up, and once the actual production version is done we will get into more detailed content on function and application and practical benefits that are often overlooked about a balisong.. Again what is shown is a Prototype!

5. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike paranoid nutjob Brigade Member

There is a very good chance I will buy one.

I am not a flipper.

6. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Keep it nice and clean guys.

(I'm looking at you Glennton)

:owl:

7. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

People have personalities, forums have personalities. Disrespect is often a point of perspective.

8. Joneser

Joneser JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

You take the good, you take the bad,
    You take them both and there you have...:manganr:

9. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...a big headache....

10. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'm sorry you got so upset I stated that Balisong is fugly, and pointed out that others thought the same.

But it is no matter how you shake a stick at it, I'm entitled to an opinion and mine is there is nothing aesthetically appealing about it.

Would it have been nicer to say your ass looks fat in that dress ? :ross::ross:

The combination of wide blade and skinny handles is out of proportion.

You state it's a proto, you also stated you were not going to change much, so one can only figure it's going to look about the same (shrug).

Now for this 1% you plan to hit considering the other 99% of balisongs are out there for tricks.

Not so much , this alone states perhaps you are underestimating what product is out there, or think yours will be a game changer. We have heard that before.

Guessing with your company name you are going for the tactical play on things ? If so I'll take mine in tacti-black with serrations please. :ross:

But I digress , unless the thing gives me a blow job, it's going to do what any other balisong will do that are out there at the end of a day.

Some better then others but they all cut and if you have skills enough a brick can be flipped.

And Owlman, thanks for watching me, but it's creepy :bwah:

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
  11. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

And this guy, he gets it. :manganr:

BTW, good luck with the project and I hope you clear the air about the whole DDR issue.

12. f33lg00d

f33lg00d JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Haha a company that messes with glenn... Take my money, y'all are a riot :bobert:

13. McCoy1996

McCoy1996 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

14. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

I think the blade shape looks great. I agree with everyone else that the tang are and horns are too big. I also agree that the blade looks too wide to fit in those handles well. The handles also leave a bit to be desired. They're boring. And if they need metal liners if they don't have them already.

15. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

I guess you'll find out after you put them out there (C.Edge), I've been on my own for almost 10 years, negative or positive feedback is just feedback, it all teaches you to be a better business man, personal involvement is not a thing one should allowed in business every person is a possible customer and without costumers you got no business.
    All the best.

16. sawjaws

sawjaws JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

But...

but...

what about those KICKER PIN'S !?!

... they kinda small!! :bwah:

But seriously, that tang pin looks to be a Pop Rivet that was just slid into the hole for the photo shot, am I correct CE ?

I think in all, its a pretty mean looking Bali, I like it!. Im with Wyldstyl on this one, a few tweaks and you have a good foundation to build on!

What weight are you shooting for? Will you be using bushings on this one? What size is the blade stock?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  17. Vampill

Vampill Preschooler JDBA Official Member

I'm not reading through all of these lumps of texts so I don't know if this has been said yet, but...

If you make a knife with chopstick handles and a paddle as a blade it will not function properly. If it follows Darrel's setup the blade will be flush with the handles and cut you when closed.

In a bali, making it flippable will get you more customers than making it practical, mainly because it is illegal to carry in a lot of regions, thus making practicality close to useless.

Of course there are collectors too, but I don't think a fugly production bali will be of their concern :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  18. lemonslush

lemonslush Little member

19. san-mai-usa

san-mai-usa JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Which is exactly why folk with this kind of attitude will never get a product even close the the like of BRS. :bwah:

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016
  20. Slickrick

Slickrick JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I just received bladehq's email about the CE balisongs while reading this thread. Lol