1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Cold Steel Warranty Service

Rockit Oct 14, 2015

1. Rockit

Rockit Little member

Greetings fellow knife collectors,

I decided to take the recommendation of the Cold Steel Warranty Department and send in two of my favorite Cold Steel knives for repair or replacement.

The first one is my Cold Steel Titanium TI Lite. The other one is my Cold Steel Scimitar with a plain edge.

I carefully wrapped them up, and shipped them insured costing me around $20.00.

After a few months and many phone calls I finally received them back. Both knives were never used or sharpened but had been carried and had significant blade play and made a rattling sound when opened. It looked like the internal screws had come loose that holds the liner lock in place and not wanting to void the warranty, the person at Cold Steel reassured me they would be tuned up and returned as good as if they were new.

I finally received them back and it looked like they were thrown in the bottom of a large box with some shipping paper just thrown on top of them. Almost all the screws on the Cold Steel Scimitar are stripped so bad I will have to drill them out. It appears that the only thing that was done was tighten up the pivots and stripped out the screws. The TI-Light has a messed up handle with marks that look like someone tried to use a screwdriver to bend the liner lock out. I have tried to reach out to them but so far the only thing they have offered is a 40% off MSRP if I buy something from their website. If I buy a Cold Steel knife almost any ware else like Wal-Mart. I can get the same price or less without using a coupon.

Do any of you fellow knife collectors have any suggestions on how I might get some kind of remedy or solution to having wasted my time and money by trusting that Cold Steel would treat a customer with just a little respect

Thank you for any suggestions. As you can imagine I am quite upset with this whole situation with Cold Steel.

2. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

yes toss them in the trash and never look back, please close this thread:devilroll:

3. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

My understanding is Cold Steel does not actually manufacture any knives, only sells them. If true, how would they be able to repair them?

4. bfm

bfm Should read BMF a new type of Strider

I have owned and used Cold Steel in the past. I may still have one sitting around somewhere. They are basically part of our disposable economy. Sure some small things might be able to be fixed and certainly they can be resharpened. Other than that replacement is about it. If they replace under warranty, great, otherwise you can buy another. Or you can spent three times as much and get a knife from a company that will actually guarantee it for life.

5. Dusy

Dusy Little member

Thanks for telling how the service is at Cold Steel.
    WAS looking at a couple, I'll look elsewhere.

6. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

LOL. I guess that new improved warranty they have is only useful to wipe your ass with. Then again you might get a paper cut.

7. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

Cold Steel = junk. Lynn is a DICK. :ross:

8. Krull

Krull Legit Crybaby/Drama QUEEN

I have a Safe Maker I push dagger-quite happy with it,it's certainly not a fancy knife but it'll serve it's intended purpose of stabbing the shit out of something well :devilwag: and cost was nice i.e. it didn't cost me several hundred dollars.

For the cost of some of their stuff I'd expect better warranty treatment but~oh well.