1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Clowns in the Woods

falcon125 Sep 8, 2016

1. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

2. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

:ropeman:

3. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

I just read about this. isn't it happening in NC also?

GEEZER likes this.
  4. HankHill

HankHill Little member

I hate clowns.

5. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

Pennywise...

6. TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy NATURE'S FINEST Super Moderator

Yes it is. My wife and Daughter were in Rocky Mount On Thursday for a girl scout event and ran into a huge police / fire department dispatch in a gas station parking lot. They were there responding to a clown sighting. There are other reports in other parts of the state as well. The thing is, it's not illegal to be dressed as a creepy clown but I pity the sucker who does it as a prank and gets their ass shot because the public is getting frenzied

7. Towelie

The luring kids part is creepy as fuck. I remember a few years ago or so, people were doing that in northern CA. They were just dressed up as clowns and standing around on the side of the road in the night time. Creepy, but not luring kids into a secluded area creepy.

8. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

Is this creepy? God yes. Is this real? I have my doubts.

This sounds like some urban legend shit to me. I can easily see people saying: it was in SC, no I heard it was in NC, no so and so saw one 5 blocks from here, no I saw one today, ect.

Think about how many kids you see now a days with smartphones documenting their lives. If these rugrats take a picture of themselves almost every day, and most meals, don't you think there would be lots of pictures on these clowns?

I was born in 91, and most kids had picture phones by 7th grade. I have seen much younger kids with smartphones since then.

That said, from growing up in NC, people will kill you if they think you are messing with kids. Not just the parents either. Even when I lived in a more urban area, people looked out for each other.

I just hope some idiot doesn't hear about this, puts on a clown costume, and gets a vigilante style ass whooping.

9. hamburger

hamburger Super Deluxe Double Cheeseburger Knife Maker or Craftsman

its going on in SC too my area

10. hamburger

hamburger Super Deluxe Double Cheeseburger Knife Maker or Craftsman

you were born in 91 my grandfather was born in 93

11. Houstonian

Houstonian Short Round Brigade Member

I'm honestly surprised nobody's shot one yet.

I reckon this never happens in a state with Stand Your Ground or Castle Laws because I can think of probably 30 guys in Texas who sit on their porch every night with a loaded .45-70 just waiting for shit like this to happen.

12. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

:bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah:So true. If I'm hunting for small game and a clown pops up its getting shot.

***Other things that will get shot...fat girl with lots of makeup on, bigfoot, aliens (from outta space), and drones

13. corjzg

corjzg Hittin' Switches

It is real and now illegal in GA i believe, to dress like a clown and engage in shady shit. Not sure of the legal wording, but i saw one get bagged last week online...

14. Towelie

:link:

15. droid

droid This IS the droid you are looking for! Brigade Member

Believe it or not, I called the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and asked about hunting Bigfoot.

The girl was very helpful (although I knew she was holding back laughter) and told me that hunting Bigfoot in Texas is perfectly legal, open season and no bag limit. They are considered pests here just as feral hogs.

All you need is a valid hunting license and permission from the landowner and a BIG barbecue pit! :bwah:

Truth is stranger than fiction!

AnthonyTheAbyss likes this.
  16. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

It appears in my area we got a copy cat clown making the news , sooner or later someone is going o get hurt,:devilcorn:

crogers likes this.
  17. perado

perado Shoot to thrill

GEEZER likes this.
  18. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

I have heard several people hypothesize this was a viral marketing campaign for the new IT movie that has gotten out of hand.

Though, I don't believe it is supposed to come out until next year.

19. GregB

GregB Average member

Well....

I say just shoot it...

20. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

1) I also haven't heard about any clown shit in NC
    2) People are coming in droves into NC, NC people aren't the same as they were ( unless you travel out to the smaller towns )
    3) I'd hope people would be smarter than to randomly attack some moron just cause they are dressed as a clown ( I hope )
    4) I would also hope people wouldn't be dumb enough to dress up like a clown just to incite reaction...and get what they get..right or wrong
    5) 91'!!! You made me feel old....and I thought you were older, that's speaks volume of your post, your actually an intelligent 20 something...you rare, be proud