1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Clay or mud for hamon

jimmyjo May 23, 2018

1. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

Can I use plain old dirt missed with water to make a hamon. Or should I steal some of my daughter's clay.

2. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Try PlayDoh ...?

jimmyjo likes this.
  3. Jim L.

Jim L. knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I couldn't say for mud, but if you took some clay kitty litter (clean) crunched it up fairly well, then hydrated it to peanut butter texture, you have a chance.

jimmyjo likes this.
  4. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

I think most any old dirt would have too much organic material and/or sand in it to work well. If you can find some good ole Southern red clay, strain the sand out of it, and mix it to the right consistency, it should work though.

Years ago, I dug some clay up from a creek bank, and made stuff out of it. Too much sand and it didn't have any strength. If I'd fired it a bit hotter to melt the sand, it may have worked, butt*….

jimmyjo and Jim L. like this.
  5. Regularandy

Regularandy Tiny Member

Muffler putty