1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese contact wheels?

SycoFlipzz Jun 3, 2018

1. SycoFlipzz

SycoFlipzz Little Member

I've only been making knives for two years and I am ready to try out hollow grinding. When I went to buy a 8 inch serrated contact wheel, I saw there are ones from china for half the price. Obviously, buying from china is always a big gamble of quality so I figured I would see if anyone else has rolled the dice. Anyone tried one? heard good or bad about them? Better suggestions otherwise for an 8 inch? Thanks guys.

Jim L. likes this.
  2. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Serratted wheel with high duro i think in 90's check around but if you want to give it a try and i think you should Do it but make sure you get the right size wheel for what your doing

Jim L. likes this.
  3. cardoso5fr

cardoso5fr knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Some are not bad, some are not well balanced. Some are not fully round. You can have everything. If they aren't perfect, it's generally possible to correct the problem with some work :D

blackmetal1181 and Jim L. like this.