1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Bigbosssman

Bigbosssman Tiny Member

I’ve been itching to get something for a few days. been looking at the hom chimera but keep hesitating because there’s not much available atm. Just getting back into flipping/collecting after a long while. There’s not many reviews on the chime,anyone in here have one and would like to share their thoughts.

2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Contrary to what you may have been told, the JerzeeDevil is NOT solely a "Balisong forum". While we do have the BEST Balisong forum on the interwebz, questions about balisongs will receive more views, and potentially, more replies, if you post them in our Balisong Forum (called the "JerzeeDevil Balisong Alliance"). It is located HERE.

Many members cannot find any other sections... well, that and the "For Sale section". :cheesydevil:

I did a quick search in the JDBA and found a few threads devoted to the Chimera, and I'd bet you could find your answers there.

If I can offer any other assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know. :manganr:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    nostimos, rock3r4life and Bigbosssman like this.
  3. Bigbosssman

Bigbosssman Tiny Member

I would appreciate some help. I searched here but all that came up were sale threads.
    Thank you

4. crogers

Bigbosssman likes this.
  5. Bigbosssman

Bigbosssman Tiny Member

Thanks Holmes,I did that search a few different ways. There’s not many people that bought one sharing of their thoughts. I’m looking at that or the chab. To me the hom looks much better,but the ab seems to be the preferred piece.

rock3r4life likes this.
  6. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

If I could own only one production bali it would probably be a chab. That being said, chabs are harder to come by and the chimera is one awesome bali. It is built like a tank, very well balanced, top-notch quality/tolerances, and an excellent flipper. It is a larger bali and some do not like that, but I am a fan.

Bigbosssman likes this.
  7. Bigbosssman

Bigbosssman Tiny Member

Thanks,brs is hard to find and I have no idea when they re stock. I like the bigger Balis but also like more weight on the handle that I hear brs has.

8. Blurred Memories

Blurred Memories Average Member

chimera is almost perfect, only complaint i have is those sharp notches at the top of the pivots. they sometimes make me drop the knife because i think i've caught the blade.

vs the chab, the chimera is in my opinion the "better knife" but it's bigger, liner / sandwich and zen pins, all opposing design choices so not really a comparison.

if you can only get one, i say get the chimera, it's actually available, and more importantly, that hidden latch feature fucks.

you'll be happy with either though, so if budget is concern, just get the cheapest.

~b

chutcher and Bigbosssman like this.
  9. Bigbosssman

Bigbosssman Tiny Member

I went with a basilisk that a fellow jd member was selling. It was a good price and it looks to be in great shape. I really like the look of the Homs and the quality is tops I hear.

just broke the news to the wife and she didn’t seem to want to stab me in the throat either.

thanks for the replies.

chutcher and Scott Meers like this.
  10. chutcher

CF or Ti bas? Either way, a wise decision.

11. Bigbosssman

Bigbosssman Tiny Member

Ti Elite all black.
    Thanks,this is a stressful hobby.

chutcher likes this.
  12. crogers

Naw... wait 'til your old lady finds out you just dropped $4G's on a custom..... That's stressful.... :manganr:

13. Bigbosssman

Bigbosssman Tiny Member

I think I’d have to agree to make another baby for something like that.
    Might be worth it.

14. chutcher

If you got that 10/10 all black bas for under retail that I saw on here earlier this week then I would say you made an excellent purchase. IMO that is the best looking bas there is.

seandavid55 and Bigbosssman like this.
  15. Bigbosssman

Bigbosssman Tiny Member

Same exact one. Only going to flip it over carpet and maybe a blanket cause the subfloor is concrete and that tip is too nice to break.

seandavid55 and chutcher like this.
  16. Blurred Memories

Blurred Memories Average Member

i do not know for certain, but i strongly suspect, there is zero basilisk who's had the honor to be chosen as a flipper, that remains with tip in tact.

blankets, carpets, even mattresses can't save it.

it's going to break. accept this, and set aside money for your re-tip now.

i agree, but so is the raw ti version!

~blu

Bigbosssman likes this.
  17. Bigbosssman

Bigbosssman Tiny Member

I’m going to plan for the worst and hope for the best. I’ll update in a month.

18. chutcher

I have two that I have been flipping regularly over carpet for nearly two years now and neither are broken. Both have been slightly blunted so they no longer have that extra pointy tip, but overall the full blade profile is still intact.

Bigbosssman likes this.
  19. TheChemist

TheChemist JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I dropped my elite bas within 5 minutes of playing with it on a deck. The tip went directly into the wood but was not damaged. While the tip is susceptible to breaking, it isn’t going to break on a pillow (IMO, but maybe I just got lucky)

Bigbosssman likes this.
  20. Bigbosssman

Bigbosssman Tiny Member

Thats pretty impressive,lucky. I imaging landed perfectly.

I’ve flipped it lightly,no ariels because It’ll hurt and I’m not there yet.

TheChemist likes this.