1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Children & Infant Tylenol, Motrin, Benadryl, Zyrtec Recalled

antonanton May 1, 2010

1. antonanton

antonanton Huge member

I am sure who has kids usually have these medicines. I just checked on my shelves, found 6 bottles - some of them're already used :pissedevil:. All of them're recalled. :pissedevil: :pissedevil:

Children's cold, allergy medicine recalled.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/05/01/drug.recall/index.html?hpt=T1

(CNN) -- A voluntary recall has been issued for more than 40 over-the-counter drugs for children, including Tylenol and Motrin, because they don't meet quality standards.

"This recall is not being undertaken on the basis of adverse medical events," McNeil Consumer Healthcare said in a statement Friday. "However, as a precautionary measure, parents and caregivers should not administer these products to their children."

"Some products in the recall may have a higher concentration of active ingredient than specified while others may have inactive ingredients that don't meet testing requirements, the company said.

The company said it issued the recall after consulting with the Food and Drug Administration. The affected brands include: Tylenol Infants' Drops, Children's Tylenol Suspensions, Children's Tylenol Plus Suspensions, Motrin Infant Drops, Children's Motrin Suspensions, Children's Zyrtec Liquids in Bottles and Children's Benadryl Allergy Liquids in Bottles.

The drugs were made in the United States and distributed to Canada, the Dominican Republic, Dubai, Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago and Kuwait.

More details are available by calling 1-888-222-6036 or visiting McNeil's Web site.

Product NDC that being recalled:
    http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc

2. Poolshark

Poolshark Captain America Brigade Member

Dammit. I just stocked up on that shit. Kids are sneezing all over the place. Son of a bitch.

3. Derespina Knives

Derespina Knives karambit maker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks for the info! We have a ton of that shit. Both Motrim and Tylenol for the kids for every winter. The stuff's been a lifesaver fever wise...we had a few bad ones but if it's faulty, its gotta go. Gotta check the production numbers.

4. P. McKinley

P. McKinley knifemaker formerly known as "Dacks" Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'm blind...... I can't find any "NDC" number on the two bottles of Infant Tylenol in our cuboard. I have a "DIN" number, and a "Lot" number, but no "NDC".

Any help?

5. MarieLaveau

MarieLaveau Pistol Packin' Mama Lady Devil

That is scary as HELL. I already had a problem with Tylenol because they didn't make warnings on infant Tylenol as clear as they should have. That stuff is WAY more concentrated than CHILDREN'S Tylenol, because babies can't swallow as much as bigger kids can. Therefore, they concentrated the dose into a smaller amount of liquid.

The problem with that is, unknowing parents would give bigger children the SAME SIZE dose of Infant Tylenol, as they would have given of the Children's Tylenol.....often overdosing their kids.

6. helios

helios Little member

Thanks for the post with link. Newspaper only had a tiny article today.

7. antonanton

antonanton Huge member

on the bottle, top of the brand name.

8. b-mac

b-mac Mac Daddy Devil

correct me if i'm wrong, but the article said the recalled meds were all sent to countries outside of the US. (but were made here) different standards for other countries i guess. our laws are more strict. i'll have to do some more research, but i think the meds sold in the US are good to go. still scary though!

i'm retarded! the first article didn't include the usa, but i read some more and checked our bottles...two just went into the trash. use the mcneil recall link in the first post and check your bottles!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2010
  9. antonanton

antonanton Huge member

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/04/new...tion_report/index.htm?source=cnn_bin&hpt=Sbin

In its report, the FDA said McNeil did not initiate "corrective and prevention action" after it had received 46 consumer complaints from June 2009 to April 2010 regarding foreign materials and black or dark specks in its drugs.

Autor said the agency's findings showed that McNeil bought contaminated raw material from its vendors, which tested positive for a type of bacteria that the the FDA has not yet identified.

However, the agency said McNeil's testing showed that the contamination did not reach its finished products, it is conducting its own probe

McNeil recalled some 50 children's versions of the non-prescription drugs on Saturday for quality concerns, including "tiny particles" in some of the products that the company said may be solidified product ingredients or manufacturing residue such as tiny metal parts.

10. Evamore

Evamore Huge member

Good looking out. I just bought some of this for my infant son. I already used the mcneil website and hopefully they'll get back to me sooner than later for a refund or so called coupon.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010