1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Chemo is a Bitch!

Clydetz May 9, 2010

1. Bruce

Bruce New Jersey's *other* Bruce

GEEZUS Gary, your nails are beginning to resemble a cloven hoof!

Perhaps you are turning into a REAL DEVIL!
    :madaddy::bwah::bruce:

2. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

They sure is ugly lookin' though!

3. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hi Gary, Yes ugly as a mofo, BUT yet another sign chemo is doing it's job ! Kill those rapid regenerating cells..

Try sugars advise to use some olive oil to soften the nails as well as the skin on your hands will be most greatful..

Keep up the great fight.. Thinking of you..

GK

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
  4. GODDESS OF VENGEANCE

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE Crazy Bitch Lady Devil Super Moderator

:devil1: very nice posts!! :GOV:

Gary sending you a BIG :kat: I hope YOU felt that...and, a :GOV:

Keepin YOU in my thoughts!! Hang In There Dear!!:heart:

5. Cadi Con Carne

Cadi Con Carne Kwitcherbitchin' Lady Devil

Olive oil works well for that sort of thing. Also you might want some really emollient cream (bag balm, or udder ointment, works well) for those dry hands. Doesn't smell like anything wonderful, but it helps keep some moisture in there. Hope they're healing well!!! Keep us posted!!!

6. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike paranoid nutjob Brigade Member

Looks like you are taking names Gary. I watched my younger brother go through the bad spots of chemo. The medical pot really does help. It should be more effective for you if taken orally. Thanks for keeping us updated.

7. Clydetz

Went for my scheduled chemo IV drip today but seems I'm a bit anemic so it was cancelled. Instead now I go this Thursday to get my red blood cells 'beefed up' with a blood transfusion of 2 units and get back on chemo schedule for next week. 2nd time having to do this and lose a week in the chemo schedule. Now it looks like my sister, (she's an angel) has to put up with Casper and me for an extra week! :devil1:

You bet I'm taking names! Gonna find out who's naughty and nice! Then I'm gonna clean house! :bwah:

8. Roger

Roger Formerly HSG Brigade Member

Stay strong brother. Looking forward to meeting you in Clark one of these days!

9. westllen

westllen Enormous member

thanks for the update Gary, hang tough buddy, our prayers continue.

be well, keep the faith

Jules

10. Katwyld

Katwyld Devil Doll Lady Devil

Had to peek in on you and how you're doing. Hope this is the main thread for this thing... I think of you regularly, dear. You're a stronger man than I have ever met. :kat: Glad to hear your spirit is up and you're pestering your sister. :ssmile: Stick with it! You have love everywhere, even if it's not always visible. :jdwink2:

11. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

Damn...it's been almost 14 days.

Mr. G what is happening with your healing?

12. Clydetz

I'm having some 'ups', 'downs' & 'sideways' but I only have 3 more chemo treatments left. :devil1: Since I never have had a high red blood cell count (I'm borderline anemic) & the chemo plays havoc with the RBC's... I've had a total of 5 units of blood transfused over the months of treatment which help immensely but throws my scheduled chemo treatments off by a week each time. Right now I'm feeling pretty good and enjoyed sitting out on my sister's patio this morning enjoying a cup of coffee with Casper on my lap. :ssmile: If I didn't have my sister and Casper lookin' after me as well as the JD's wishing me luck, I would no doubt be 'up the creek without a paddle' for sure!

13. Katwyld

Katwyld Devil Doll Lady Devil

It's all good as long as there's ups with the downs. :kat: :GOV:

14. Charlie Mike

Here's to you, my cancer killin home boy! (last part of video)

[youtube]6b523WGmp8E[/youtube]

15. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

I'm not going to type about the shit knives that helped to run our business down. The knives that will keep a generation fooled for a dime.

But what in hell is your cat litter doing on the dining table? :devil1::devil1:

16. Charlie Mike

strictly for reloads...

17. Clydetz

Aye! Today is one of those 'up' kinda days. Only 2 more chemo treatments left then a bit of a rest until the radiation begins. You wouldn't know it from the pic but my beard started coming back in... only now it's like blond and real 'fine'! I didn't even notice it until my sister said I should shave! :bwah: I shaved for the first time since back in March of this year.

[​IMG]

While I can't hear what is being said, solidsoldier, I enjoyed your vid. Made me think of the Platters old tune of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes". :ssmile:

18. 2fulhundin

2fulhundin Official Retard

Up days are good. We need to get you a clip on earring for Mr. Clean Pic before your hair is back.:devil1:. Enjoy your UP day and may you have many more.

19. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

you still in my prayers gary:ssmile:

20. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

2 to go ! GOOOOOO Gary !