1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Chef Knife Suggestions Needed

S2Six Nov 23, 2019

1. S2Six

S2Six Little member JDBA Official Member

Devils,

I’m looking for some chef’s knife suggestions. I did the general google search already and wasn’t really impressed with what the likely bought and paid for articles had to say.

My max budget is around $200 or so, and I typically prefer full tang for the weight, but I keep an open mind. Around 8” or 10” blade, no more. Stainless preferred. I was looking at some Shun’s and Kanetsune’s because they’re prevalent, but I’d much prefer something handcrafted that shows off some craftsmanship. Not sure if I need to increase my budget for that.

Gonna be using it for general cooking like this: upload_2019-11-23_16-2-22.jpeg

Help a Devil out!

(p.s. this seemed like the most appropriate venue for this type of post, but I’m open to other interpretations if you savages think this would be better suited in another section.)

Stay hungry Devils.

-Nobody

2. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Whats your time frame on needing it done i have a couple heat treated that im going to be finishing after im done with this run of balis in a couple weeks. 8" chef knife full tang this is one i recently made aebl stainless steel. Dm me if your interested IMG_20191120_154455.jpg

RexRippin and S2Six like this.
  3. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I would of course recommend getting something from Jason, but if that doesnt work, I love the Bark River stuff.

blackmetal1181 and S2Six like this.
  4. S2Six

That's beautiful! No time frame really. I understand something like that takes as much time as it takes, so really no time frame when it comes to something handcrafted. Quality can't be rushed. DM sent.

blackmetal1181 likes this.
  5. S2Six

Yup, pretty sure I'm going to explore that route. I sometimes forget there's so many amazing artists on here.

BennytheBlade and blackmetal1181 like this.
  6. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

You wont be disappointing and you will have a family heirloom that will last generations.

blackmetal1181 and S2Six like this.
  7. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

When it shows up, take plenty of pics. BUTT*, you MUST include at least one shoe in every pic of Jason's knives! :bwah:

No shoe! I'm disappointed man... really disappointed.... :lulz:

Scott Meers, blackmetal1181 and S2Six like this.
  8. S2Six

Shoe in picture — can do.

It looks like there may be the faintest bit of footwear in the middle at the very bottom. Very covert.

crogers and Scott Meers like this.
  9. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

You're right. Just the tippy toe, and I missed it. Now THAT restores my faith in humanity, or at least Jason's photography skills! :lulz:

S2Six, blackmetal1181 and Scott Meers like this.