1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

CF rep texture

Dr.Jekyl May 11, 2017

1. Dr.Jekyl

Dr.Jekyl Tiny Member

Does anyone know whether or not the rep that just dropped is smooth or not? I really want one, but i dont know if i should wait and go with a premium.. I already know i like g 10, never had anything cf

2. LunarFoxx

LunarFoxx JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I saw other ppl saying it's smooth. I just grabbed 1 myself. I have other BRS stuff + a few Reps. I'm thinking this 1 is gonna be balls on with the weight I like (around 4.7oz). Can't wait 4 it!

I wouldn't say my other Reps are "grippy" I'd say they have a smooth feel to them (I have a premium + a cpl selects). I like the feel + the cut-outs seem to give u your grip.

3. Dr.Jekyl

Dr.Jekyl Tiny Member

Thanks for the input man, I think I'll grab one if they're still available.

4. LunarFoxx

Well mine just arrived... The CF scales are actually "grippier" than the G10 scales. Knife looks sick, and feels great! I'm loving the "no pocket clip" cuz I carry mine in a kydex neck shealth w/ a break away chain. FYI - tactical mistake to tie paracord around your neck (hate seeing knives shipped w paracord for a neck tie).

flatblackcapo and dznyc like this.
  5. Dr.Jekyl

Dr.Jekyl Tiny Member

I ordered mine Saturday, it shipped out today. I'm pretty pumped. Do the other reps come with a clip?

6. LunarFoxx

Yes, all the others come w a pocket clip. I think this is the only 1 that doesn't.

7. Dr.Jekyl

Dr.Jekyl Tiny Member

Do a lot of people sell spare parts on here? I wouldnt mind a clip for it. Not terribly worried about it though. On the other hand, id really like a clip for my barebones. Do you know of anybody that makes one?

8. san-mai-usa

san-mai-usa JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Mine came in today as well, and I totally love it.
    My original first run Rep is "grippier", but that was before the smoothed out Rep's came out.
    Compared to my Alt blade and Select reps, I would say the two were very similar.
    Totally love this latest Rep, and look forward to the Alt blade version coming out.
    Heck, I'm getting me a spare so I can have one at home and one on vacation.
    Good job on this one again guys.
    2017-05-16 01.24.36 copy.jpg 2017-05-16 01.24.56 copy.jpg

zephyr05, flatblackcapo and dznyc like this.
  9. LunarFoxx

I haven't seen anyone selling spare parts for them, but the good thing for you is the owners of BRS are on here + you can probably buy some from them.

10. LunarFoxx

I totally agree - sick knife and Great Job BRS! I don't mind paying a little more for different/improved models.

11. Dr.Jekyl

Dr.Jekyl Tiny Member

99 percent of the time, you get what you pay for.

12. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

For the first time, we will be offering clips for the Replicant as a stand alone item available from our website, should be available soon.

best-

13. Dr.Jekyl

Dr.Jekyl Tiny Member

Very cool, I'll be grabbing one of them as well. Any plans for a bare bones pocket clip?

Billy_Goat likes this.
  14. Batmanticore

Batmanticore I am a lurker and need to introduce myself!

Has an alt blade CF Rep been confirmed? Searched and couldn't find any mention of one. I'm thinking about picking up one of the anodized Infinities, but I might hold off for an Alt CF Rep.

15. LunarFoxx

I haven't heard if they are doing this, but I wouldn't be surprised. You can always get a few + switch blades + scales and stuff around between them. Actually, this scorpian tip blade is fukn sweet ;)

Batmanticore likes this.
  16. Batmanticore

It looks sweet, I'm just worried about its fragility. I see a lot of posts expressing concern about the rep's tip (and the Basilisk's), and a few for sale with chipped tips; but it's hard to gauge how easy or difficult to fuck up it really is. But yeah, that's the only reason I'd rather wait for an alt.

17. Dr.Jekyl

Dr.Jekyl Tiny Member

The tip of mine chipped in the first 20 minutes of flipping. It's a very, very small chip and I'll be able to get it out with relative ease. On the other hand, I was sitting on the couch where it was landing on a thick rug with carpet underneath

18. Batmanticore

I have a friend who routinely snaps the tips off all his knives so he can pry with them more easily. Fair play to him if that's a thing, but I couldn't do it.

19. zephyr05

zephyr05 Little member Brigade Member

The Reps look great with the CF. I might have to pick one up to go with my new AB. Glad to hear we can get clips for them too.