1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Chefget

Chefget Huge member

That is all...

IMG_20170619_174702_20170619175936003.jpg IMG_20170619_142327_20170619180004436.jpg

KC Parrish, skyblue, gunlove and 6 others like this.
  2. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

............:faint:

PS-RagE likes this.
  3. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Wow. Who made that?

4. Mastema

Mastema Little Member JDBA Official Member

It looks like a Dobruski

5. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...no ti does not looks like a Dobie ...it is....

6. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

:yeahthat:

7. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Well he has upped his game since the last time I checked his stuff out. And his game was already very very good 10 years ago

8. Chefget

Chefget Huge member

Just out of Brasil...keyhole style bolsters with blued Eggerling damascus, and a different Eggerling for the blade. The stimpled parts of the handle are insets...note that the keyhole bolsters and handle inset pockets are milled out of the handles.

Just in case anybody missed that; this is a channel construction balisong, and the pockets for the keyhole bolsters and dimpled handle insets are milled out out the handle! The damascus bolsters and insets are fitted into the pockets, and they are perfect.

[​IMG]

I've been in awe of Dobruski's blade grinds for well over fifteen years, and this is as good as any...beautiful belly with a helluva point. The grinds are perfectly symmetrical. The pocket clip is milled titanium.

Also, I've seen what a lot of different makers do to Eggerling damascus in terms of finishing the damascus. Dobruski has a different and unique take on how the damascus can be finished, and the results are always spectacular!

I sent the damascus to Brasil for this knife almost four years ago, and it's the first knife I've gotten from Mauricio in eight years.

It is, indeed, well worth the wait.

-Michael

9. zephyr05

zephyr05 Little member Brigade Member

Damn that damascus is fiiiine.

10. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I be afraid to touch it ,looks like a museum piece .It is a piece of functional art , Did I say,,,SWEET

11. gunlove

gunlove Average member

:snoopydance:Wow!

12. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Very, very nice! 4 years? I am not that patient :bwah:

desmodus likes this.
  13. Chefget

Chefget Huge member

Hahahaa! After sending the damascus, every six or eight months I would send a friendly 'Hello' email.

To be honest never thought I would see the finished product...but it's like courting a beautiful woman in that patience is key!

-Michael

desmodus likes this.
  14. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Nice Michael top shelf stuff right there.

Congrats.

XxGRYMMxX likes this.
  15. XxGRYMMxX

XxGRYMMxX The Crayola Kid JDBA Official Member

Wow, just wow.