1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. fire on the mountain

fire on the mountain Little member

how many of you guys have or do carry an OTF everyday? realistically, if you get stopped by the police, what will happen (averageing the states laws)...will they usually take it away or will you spend the night in jail? i have no idea obviously...is a UT6 a good everyday knife? i know its fun to play with, but will the blade rust? what if a little water gets into the handle? thanks!

2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

werd

3. cutty

cutty Expiry

You forgot to tell about the fine and lawyer you don't know about.

Big$$$$$$$

4. Mr.LaBella

:yeahthat:

+ fine and lawyer fees!:splat:

5. Matches

Matches Airport Bum Brigade Member

For those of us (me actually) who are retards...whats an OTF?

rock3r4life likes this.
  6. rubicon327

rubicon327 Huge member

Don't leave me out..... I wan't in too:idunno: :decoder: :yeahthat:

rock3r4life likes this.
  7. Spufnik

Spufnik Total devotee

OutTheFront = OTF and Ronlad, you forgot to mention the curb painting and how to get the yellow out from under your nails of which you know nothing about :goodbad:

8. Matches

Matches Airport Bum Brigade Member

OTF...Over Torqued Folder?:raoul:

Luis likes this.
  9. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

UTX-70 everyday. Cop thought it was cool and asked where he could get one.

rock3r4life likes this.
  10. fire on the mountain

fire on the mountain Little member

hmm

yeah, that sounds a little better than a year of probation...i think id probably prefer that outcome. By the way OTF=out the front knife

Tinysd, that movie of the divers at the bottom of your posts are amazing...i feel like i need to put on sunscreen everytime i look at that.

11. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

I love living in Arizona.

I don't carry my Scarab nearly as much as I used to, but it still finds its way into my pocket from time to time.

12. ericsgreen

ericsgreen know your enemy

I lost a UT6 in a pat down, I thought I was going to jail, but he just took it, I think so he could use it on dduty...

I said to myself the next time I get pinched with an auto I am going to immediatley offer to donate it to the cop so he can carry it and let me be...

I carry my tanto ut6 and an LUDT in between an SMF and a BM 720, jsut dont get into a place where a cop needs to pat you down...even then first offensence would have to be light, not like an unregistered gun...

13. Semper708

Semper708 I know more about nothing than you ever will My Ass is on Probation

:semper: bohica, that's all I can say here in GA. about carrying an "OTF" :semper:

14. 72guy

72guy Little member

I'm a newby. So hello to everyone.
    In response to Fire's question. I don't own an OTF, but I am going down to 1sks tomorrow to look at the MT Scarab, SOCOM Elite, and the UTX70. Last week I took a course for concealed carry. Not so much for the legal carry of a gun but I wanted to be legal when I carried my knives. I don't want or need to spend any time in jail and I certainly don't want any cop walking away with one of my knives.

As far as knives for everyday use. Everyone buys for different reasons. Some people buy for the sheer enjoyment of collecting mechanical works of art. And to me, these knives are works of art to be enjoyed in whatever manner the owner chooses. For me, I like to use my knives.

You ask about water and rust. I, presently, only own 1 MT. A SOCOM I bought in '98?? It's a DA that tends to open in my pocket. Already had a vasectomy. Don't need another:doh: I have a number of Benchmades and they are nice knives. Maybe not on the same level as the MT's but still good knives. So, back to the rust.

My wife and I kayak, hike, and camp. Our life jackets are outfitted with survival gear including fixed blade and auto Benchmades. After being in saltwater I'm pretty good about cleaning things up to prevent rust. However, I did forget about a Mini Axis Auto in my wife's jacket. When I finally remembered about the knife, quite a bit of time had gone by. When I showed the knife to my wife, she wondered if I was going to throw it away. This thing was ugly. I ended up soaking it for 10 hours in Break Free that I purchased at a gun dealer. Nothing would move on the knife. I took a flat punch and hammer and knocked the auto button in. Then I took a pair of pliers and pulled the blade out. I then proceeded to forcefully move the blade and button until they began to free up. Long story short, after a little "lubricant and massage":eyes: the knife works fine. I think the Microtech knives would handle this sort of abuse every bit as well, if not better, than the Benchmade. Hope this helps in your descision.

Semper708 likes this.
  15. Spufnik

Spufnik Total devotee

:welcome3:And welcome to our forum 72guy:welcome3:

I personally carry a LCC D/A every day and to be honest the bottom line is if you aren't doing anything to warrant an officers attention then the odds are pretty good that you won't have any problems. MTs are the shit BTW :love:

rock3r4life and Semper708 like this.
  16. Mr.LaBella

:welcome3: to the forums 72guy!

:cheers: and great first post! one of the best ever i think, seriously!

Ron

17. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

:welcome: 72Guy, Watch out for the regulars round here[​IMG]

18. Semper708

Semper708 I know more about nothing than you ever will My Ass is on Probation

:welcome3: 72Guy :welcome: to JerzeeDevil, Hope you enjoy the Forum!! :semper:

19. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Me too......but where to apply it ? Hmmmmmm.
    I carry a Scarab every day here , but there is no law in Afghanistan.
    Back home I carry what ever the hell I feel like carrying (Minnesota ) , with the guideline of don't carry anything I cannot replace. If you aren't doing gangster type shit , it will be confiscated at best and added to the officer's personal collection.
    I've toted Scarab's , Exodus , SoCom elites , converted Buck 110's and some Beltrames for a good while and never had a problem.
    The Beltrame's are not much of a user but look cool....the rest of them get used for real.
    My personal feeling is ....if I am cutting stuff , it is a tool..... if I am carving up some groceries , it is a utensil and if it is sticking in somebody......then we might need to talk about it.
    Carry what you want , and don't let the man keep you down !
    Right on !
    J.S.

20. tmbrcrafter

tmbrcrafter totally hetero, no seriously Brigade Member

Welcome 72nd! Please don't feed the animals. Every state has different laws regarding automatic knives. Out here in the Rep. of Schwartzafornia, autos are legal up to a blade length of 2 inches or less. One can legally purchase a knife of this type like the Protec Runt at many cutlery stores in the malls. Look on the bright side, losing your favorite edc auto to a pat down search beats a body cavity search any day.

rock3r4life likes this.