1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Car Repairs SUCK!

Komodo Sep 18, 2011

1. bigjoe25ss

bigjoe25ss Huge member

well it can always be worse my wife's car blew a head gasket i took it apart and took the head to a machine shop to be resurfaced and guess what it has four cracks in it so now i have to buy a new cylinder head

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KMNREMTP

KMNREMTP Devil's Playmate

Cheapest muffler job I ever got was $35.00. YEAH, HOWEVER, that guy has passed away now, and his shop was sold to some unknown. I wouldn't pay $400 for any kind of muffler system. pipe dont cost that much. I guess the economy is all kinds of fukt up huh? It'd've been ideal if your trusted mechanic could've fixed it. My dad's trusted mechanic did his exhaust job, cherry bomb glass packs on dual exhaust..... for free. My dad refused to let him do it that cheap so gave him $100.

3. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

I agree.

Labor: $119.00 per hour

Parts:
    1- Resonator pipe
    2- Tail Sections
    2- Exhaust Gasgets

From the parts & labor list above, I got the feeling I got SCREWED yet again. :ssad:

4. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

I've had many cars that cost less.

5. bfm

bfm Should read BMF a new type of Strider

In the past, yes. I think it was probably 94 that I paid more than $500 for a car. Now though it seems that even something only firing on 3/4s of its cylinders and with two flat tires is going to have an asking price of $3,500.

6. 50calmike

50calmike 50 caliber Devil

You live in an area where the cost of living is nearly twice what it is here.
    If you can't do the repairs yourself, and it works fine now, I see no problem.
    If you can do the repairs, then you should have, just sayin.
    I recently replaced the entire suspension under my wife's truck because I knew I could, the best quote to do the same job was $4200, I got all the parts, and some specialty tools for less than $1100. The job was completed in about 16hrs, by myself. My limit on car repair is entering the brake fluid zone, any time I have opened that can-o-worms, I just can't stop any more.
    Home repairs are something I do not like to do, so I do as much as I am comfortable with, then pay to do have rest done.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
  7. DaBird

DaBird Sasquatch Bali-ho

Break line blew in traffic !!!

SHIT ---PISS --- FUCK !!!!

Just coming back from town cause my daugther HAD to get munchies etc. for school tomorrow --- busy crossstreet -- light turns RED and I push the brake pedal and hear a POP and the brake pedal goes ALL DaWay to the fukin floor :devilzeek

I throw the trans in low and yell "hold on" to the two girls --- SOMEHOW { Thank YOU Lord } I stop and i'm 1/2 way out into cross traffic and they are yelling at me and flippin me DaBird !!!!

So -- I YELL right back and FLIP THEM ALL DaBird :bwah:

The next 5 miles and 3 stop lights back home was "interesting" to say the least !!!!

Got the car back in the driveway --- by Light Saber , it looks like a brake line blew out right where it takes a "90 bend" ---- I'll look at it in the daylight --- for now , all I can say is ;

SHIT --- PISS ---- FUCK ---- and a "Thank You Lord" :deadevil:

8. KMNREMTP

glad y'all are ok! bali bro faggot! Now lemme find that link to Kyle's blades.

9. Komodo

Glad everyone's alright.

WHY did you continue to drive the 5 miles back home with no brakes, and.........your daughters in the car!!!

I'm glad everyone is OK, but this could have been a seriously sadder post if you had gotten into an accident because you didn't call a TOW TRUCK!

10. KMNREMTP

I can answer that for ya Komodo, A) He probably didnt think about it.... senility and all y'no. and B) Them damn tow trucks cost money!

11. DaBird

DaBird Sasquatch Bali-ho

Komodo ---- you are 100% right -- I took a big risk with my daugther in the car with me -- I shouldn't have done that.

I make no excuse --- I never went over 10/15 mph -- had 4 way flashers on , tried to stay on medium/ shoulder , etc. etc. --- IT STILL WAS A DICKHEAD THING TO DO.

And if something would have happened , I would NEVER have forgivin myself.

Like I said K -- you are 100% right -- there were other choices and I made the wrong one TOTALLY.

12. DaBird

DaBird Sasquatch Bali-ho

The saga continues --- I replaced the one line only to have the other line break cause of corrosion --- Car Repairs SUCK !!!

13. KMNREMTP

at least your wonderful daughter wasnt in danger by the second one breaking. When it rains it pours eh? BTW, I'd've made the same decision to continue home..... only I probably would've parked the car very close to a tree in the yard at the house! lmao!

14. Komodo

Could you do me a favor, and tell that to my wife, she doesn't believe me when I tell her that! :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah:

15. DaBird

DaBird Sasquatch Bali-ho

Komodo ---- ya , I could do that for you -- BUT -- if your wife reads my posts in this thread -- she will know i'm a IDIOT and and think "Birds of a feather , flock together" ---- its worth a shot anyways :bwah:

16. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

did all the car work my self,
    made so many muflers under my cars... really made..
    not much money back than.. so we nicked old muflers out off the mufflershops rubish bin... made 1 good one from 3 old ones... things you can do with a welder..., you become very creative, driving a car on a low budget

Bird... brake is prio one... all the rest is comfort, i bet you did not check theme for a long time...
    and if you let some one check theme not long ago .. you need to kick his nuts .
    here we have to get our cars trough a yearly check ( safety things and shit ) .. other wise your not allowed to drive that car anymore

17. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

Bird, I've had the same thing happen to me. Hafta hit the brakes only to hear that "POP!", then nothing.

There is something called an Emergency Brake, ya know.
    And it's for, ... wait for it ...

Emergencies! Like having a brake line go. :madaddy:

Now, imagine that same problem, in a dump truck, with 10,000+ pounds of topsoil on it.

And I drove that fucker back to the yard, over 15 miles.

"Interesting" was not a way I would describe that drive but, with a Standard Transmission, you can always drop it down through the gears, then into 1st and turn off the Ignition and let out the clutch.

Hell of a ride. :devilzeek

John, ya need a brand spankin' new car. :madaddy:

18. JackBlades

JackBlades former cerveca terminador

Glad I live in Cali for the fact that cars & trucks never rust out....we just drive 'em till the tranny craps out (thanks GM for the 4L60E, NOT!) or some punk teenager totals it for you. (Thanks, Paul)

As for brake lines, if one's corroded out, they ALL are!