1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BUSSE MEAN STREET ,w/Mashed cat sheath

begreen61 Sep 14, 2017

1. hickory

hickory JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Awesome work with the hunting! I was going to try and do some of the same but I have to say, you're a better woodsman than I! Great work, delicious!

KaosRase and begreen61 like this.
  2. KaosRase

KaosRase Huge member

Sorry took so long but it's in the mail, Thanks again for this passaround Gary.

begreen61 likes this.
  3. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Steve you sent it to Hickory ,Correct ? Deer season in NY, good time to be testing a busse .

KaosRase likes this.
  4. KaosRase

KaosRase Huge member

Yup, realizing now should have made sure was going to him with you 1st . Judt figured was going by list.

begreen61 likes this.
  5. begreen61

were good ,I'm just staying on top of who has it ,,,,these thing almost run themselfs

KaosRase likes this.
  6. hickory

yeah got my tracking info, excited to get this blade working! I'll have to slay some hoofed critters.

KaosRase and begreen61 like this.
  7. hickory

Arrived today! Very cool knife. I'm surprised how smooth the handle is. I had to learn how to use a TEK LOK but man, I LOVE it! It's a nice, slim, blade.. the coating surprised me, I didn't expect a thick white coating. I love how everything is in the right place. The handle feels comfortable any way that you grip it. I like the ergonomics a lot. The holes everywhere in it are interesting and cool - you could lash it to a stick and make a gnarly spear out of it! I thought it was kind of slim and skinny, then I look at the spine and whoah! It's pretty darn rugged. That shows how good the design and grind of it are. Feels featherweight because of the balance but it's pretty reasonably heavy. The handle is very smooth but also grippy. I don't think I'd get any hot spots from using this pretty hard.

Now I've got to cut something with it!

The sheath is tits awesome. I love the click when the knife snaps in.
    The tek lok is super secure and versitile. I'm carrying it handle-down, right side, blade forward. Still gotta figure that particular part out.

seandavid55, begreen61 and desmodus like this.
  8. hickory

After using it to cut through some apples, pepperoni, and cheese (hard use amirite?) I have to say that this is suuuuper well designed. It really shows what a thoughtful design can accomplish. The handle shape, the crook at the end, acts like a lever to really slice through, gives a lot of cutting power. The full flat grind slices great despite the relatively thick blade stock. Super duper enjoyable to use. I really like the very acute point on the tip too.

begreen61 and seandavid55 like this.
  9. begreen61

watch out they can be addicting ,,I had over a 100 busses at one time ,,sold most of them have around 8 to 10 left that are just plan keepers . I just got tired of now new designs ,Jerry just kept on flooding the market with remakes and started using sr101 steel , and I said fuck this and started a Medford collection which is a well made knife BTW just poor on the secondary market ,which I did lose my shirt on ,,but hey ,,Live and learn

seandavid55 likes this.
  10. hickory

What's SR101? I heard a lot of frustration about the re-release of limited knives and stuff, is that about right?
    Over 100 Busses? Wow! I may end up with a few, we'll surely see in time!
    I have a pretty solid fixed blade collection now (modest though it may be)... but man, I love it!
    I'll have to look at some Medfords, they seem pretty cool but I never thought were my style.

11. begreen61

Yes re-released older blades with a new twist sometimes ..
    Sr101 is the type of steel Swamp-rats use which is an off shoot from Busse's which were famous for their infi steel which is what you have now and they do good in the secondary market even used,,as for medfords they are a tank of a knife but if you buy make sure it's what you like ,,resale sucks

12. hickory

I've heard on INFI, it's the Busse claim to fame.

13. hickory

Okay so this knife is amazing. It does everything well, it's a little scary. I'm going to use the handle design as inspiration as I finish up my large bowie thing.

begreen61 and seandavid55 like this.
  14. begreen61

heres a few other Busse and Kin I kept over the years,,Sean that I promise you ,,the kin is swamp-rat and scrap yard all own by the Busse family

Attached Files:

seandavid55 likes this.
  15. hickory

Dude I love them. They kick a ton of butt. I'd love to do some real damage with some of those! A+

begreen61 likes this.
  16. hickory

Now just call over here and tell my stupid balisong to show up. Playing with it last night watching UFC and now I cant find the damn thing.

begreen61 likes this.
  17. begreen61

the CGFBM which is the bronze color one with a 10 blade makes a hell of a chopper cut a few trees down with the old one i sold .

18. begreen61

your find it ,, walk away and retrace your movements last night in your head ,, just don't ripe the house apart , your make a mess and never find it ,,,,works for me Will,,,,

19. hickory

Wife cleaned the house yesterday and I came home to a balisong! :D Very happy.

begreen61 likes this.
  20. hickory

Alllllright.... I DONT get to keep this... (unfortunately.....)

Des, wanna send me your details and I'll get this thing moving?

begreen61 likes this.