1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bumps, scratches and blunted tips

KnifeAddicc Nov 25, 2012

1. drfish

drfish Average member

The key is to train yourself to reflexively break the knife's fall with your leg/foot as you drop it.

Remember, you can always get your leg stitched up, but scratches and blunted tips are forever.

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  2. Nardath

Nardath Nard Wrath

That's exactly the opposite of what your supposed to doo, HORRIBLE habbit to get into, let that bitch fall. Deal with the ding afterwards, I'd rather avoid going to the hostpital and getting stitches in my foot like our old friends flugaygay.

3. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Exactly....that heroic badass "I don't let my knife hit the floor" you might do it for a while....but mark my words you will pay for it eventually...dearly.....I was guilty of it, now I do try to save it but depends on the situation. Direction of fall, speed & angle...just saying sometimes it just isn't worth it......

4. Palethius

Palethius Customizer Knife Maker or Craftsman

Fixed

5. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

:screwy:

6. Nozh

Nozh Little member

An other solution is to only buy ccc balis. You don't care of dropping them an you can even throw them if you get frustrated with a trick! :manganr:

Well actually I don't have any good knives because I don't have enough money :cry:

7. drfish

drfish Average member

Ok. We need a sarcasm tag or something. I can't believe anybody took the catch it with your thigh comment seriously. I'm actually a MD, and I can tell you that fixing retracted tendons after they've been sliced is not fun at all. When a knife drops, you obviously need to get out of the fucking way.

8. kxchaput

kxchaput Huge member

Nah doc. I think you were serious. But anyway i try to catch it in my mouth for style points

9. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

I bet you get invited to all of the best parties.

:bwah:

wcjohn and Mpsecare like this.
  10. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

I'm glad I logged into JD today.

11. Uz4u

Uz4u Misanthrope

when I have shoes on I will try to catch the bali sometimes, I also have a giant bleeding hole in my thigh so ...

12. WhichGunDotCom

WhichGunDotCom Little member

Fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. XzInsanityzX

XzInsanityzX Little member

I usually only flip over a bed or at least carpet. But if i ever did get a scratch or chipped my knife, i say it adds to the character!!!:ross:

14. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

You have some mighty ugly toes. :jdspam:

[​IMG]

15. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...Dude..the dude is a doctor...of course he wants you to stick your leg out...who`s gonna pay for he next balisong if you don`t....:manganr::ropeman: