1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bump Stocks

taoist Oct 5, 2017

1. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

Curious what folks here think about bump stocks. Have you used one? Do you own one?

Kelper and begreen61 like this.
  2. hickory

hickory JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Without any experience whatsoever to give a qualified opinion....they look like a fun, novelty.

Kelper likes this.
  3. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

NRA just said they were against them

Kelper likes this.
  4. hickory

yeah I'm some kind of pissed at them.... it's like the 1986 sellout and the 1968 sellout.. and the 1938 sellout

Kelper likes this.
  5. taoist

The Las Vegas shooter had installed them on 12 rifles that were in his hotel suite.

Kelper likes this.
  6. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

It definitely looks like fun to shoot....but, ever since the BATF issued a letter a few years back, declaring this item to be "a gun PART, and not a firearm", I had a feeling that something would come along, causing them to out-regulate it. And, here we are....

This is not good, in any respect....whatever shit gets thrown up against the wall, some of it`s gonna stick....

Berkley and Kelper like this.
  7. hickory

that guy is such a fkn POS who ruins everything. he had like 30-50k worth of gear in there. such an outlier.

Kelper likes this.
  8. taoist

Saw a blurb yesterday where the head of Slide Fire stated that the Feds would have to change a major definition in the FA in order to effectively ban their product. Will post link if memory will cooperate.

waterdogs and Kelper like this.
  9. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Was only a matter of time. I'm surprised it's taken this long. They are a work around like many items in the gun industry.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  10. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

How many cars will start driving into crowds after this?!?!?

11. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

they do work and are fun to shoot but can burn up a barrel or more likely a gas port fast . I would recommend the Geissele sd3 trigger and I do believe it's legal in every state check it out,,forward video to 1:07

12. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

That shit has been going for a while. They did that in UK start to finish 8 minutes.

This POS raises a lot of red flags. How did he get that many weapons up there?. Did the hotel think he was a weekly/monthly stay over? Room service in a two star flea bit motel we make it our business to know what's going on. That's what security cams are for. Common sense says loads of bags you better be keeping an eye on every damn movement that's made including visitor's etc. Drugs meth shit is our main concern, I do night shift, I will knock on doors if something is out of sync. That's my job, safety of others. (We don't go through personal stuff though, but his behavior must have shown something out of the ordinary) Towels, sheets soap trash vacucmn clean. We have to do this every two days. That's Room Service. Everyday if requested. .

Original question, takes one to f it up.

begreen61 and seandavid55 like this.
  13. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

Don't know who has never been to a concert but people can be packed in pretty tight. Surprised he didn't kill even more.

14. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Novelty piece for the mall ninja/commando crowd.:loandr:
    Seriously, why would that be necessary except to raise havoc.

15. BennytheBlade

With the ability to 3D print, it won't stop someone who is willing, so punishes the law abiding only.

seandavid55 likes this.
  16. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

ha you dont even need 3d printerr im betting i coudl build one out of PVC pipes in an afternoon

BennytheBlade likes this.
  17. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

I agree that it's a novelty piece, but I really hate the "why would that be necessary/who needs this" argument. We shouldn't have to justify a need for anything.

18. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I got to agree with the NRA ,,there is no reason to own one . Plus the concept is easy and basic ,, If someone wants to make one it would be a breeze to make .. Lastly if you practice with any semi,, you can learn to bump a rifle ,by just using your finger and keeping the rifle loose in your shoulder .Nut jobs and loser will always find a way

Kelper and seandavid55 like this.
  19. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

well our rights are a dam good reason but i get it i even posted onn facebook maybe we can get a swap bumpstocks on the list and sussperssurs off the list. seems almost fair seeing how one does make a semiauto more dangrous and the can jsuut reduces nooise

Kelper, hickory, Bobert and 2 others like this.
  20. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Lots of good points. I think parts made to circumvent a law make everything harder for us to defend. Suppressors should be legal everywhere. That's a no brainer. Movies give them a kind of taboo stigma.

Kelper, Bobert and begreen61 like this.