1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Build Off Voting Thread 2019

begreen61 Nov 2, 2019

?

Pick your favorite knife ( makers ) for the 2019 build off

Poll closed Tuesday at 7:13 PM.
  1. cardoso5fr

13.3%
  2. seandavid55

40.0%
  3. Jimmyjo

6.7%
  4. black metal 1181

40.0%
  1. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

seandavid55, crogers and apdallaround like this.
  2. begreen61

you all did great Sean with a switchblade sweet ,,Jimmjo with the sabertooth style blade you did amazing for someone who screw his back up,,,cardoso5fr with the razor chopper and Blackmetal1181 with my new batwing ,hohohahahaha,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

As for blades Jimmyjo and Cardoso5fr did there builds under duress with pain issues a di a amazing job,,,but that switch blade takes the cake for me ,Sean though out of the box and did a hell of a job for a crazy linesman,,,and Blackmetal1181 speechless,,,,,,,again,,,,love your work but you know that,, but I'm a auto man first and foremost ..thats why I voted this way

Respect to all
    g

g

jimmyjo, Balibuyer, crogers and 4 others like this.
  3. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Hell I'll bump this.

I've learned so much from wip threads. It is why I enjoy the build off so much. Even if I'm really showing what not to do, we can learn together right?

Gary, thanks for taking the reins. Those of you that also took the time to participate, my hats off to you.

jimmyjo, Balibuyer, crogers and 4 others like this.
  4. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm having a hard time believing that only 8 members have voted!

C'mon! I know the Presidential elections are a year away, but this is MOAR IMPORTANTER!!

Vote bitches!! :lulz:

5. Digs FnK

Digs FnK Dig it, man Knife Maker or Craftsman

Great work everyone. It was tough to choose only one.... but there can be only one!

6. seandavid55

Shameless, I'm extremely happy with a tie but want to win bump.

HighVoltageLinesman.gif

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    jimmyjo and begreen61 like this.
  7. begreen61

if theres a tie , I'm the judge and Sean you know I love your knife ,,,,,BlackMetal 1181 well the only thing with him is he sent me this the batwing ,,,So this bribe may just sway the vote,:bennyda: IMG_2147.JPG

8. seandavid55

Foul! Foul! Haha. Honestly, I know the quality Jason puts out. Way beyond my level. Nice score Gary.

9. begreen61

Jason and I ,I say were as tight as you and I ,, and helping starting the hellcat with Jason ,It's a personal thing for me owning all his oddball Mutants ,Plus he always give me first choice on a new prototype ,,,which makes me a lucky man

g

10. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

I voted for sean if its a tie he gets it
    Sean thought outside the box and made something unique and very nice. All i did was redesign something i already make

11. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

Sorry Sean but blackmetal1181 made a kick ass balisong and gets my vote.

begreen61 and blackmetal1181 like this.
  12. seandavid55

Haha no need to be sorry! I voted for you. I've had very similar ideas to what you did this year in regards to the scales. But you DID it.

begreen61, jimmyjo and blackmetal1181 like this.
  13. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Its an interesting question... Do you give it to Sean because he made something unique and isnt a full time maker or to Jason because his product is so high end professional. Hell cardo and JJ should get a few more votes cause at least the played along. More than I did.

Also, which one is the most Halloween/JD inspired? Batwing bali or the Challenge Coin switchblade (I just made up that name)?

begreen61 and blackmetal1181 like this.
  14. begreen61

I got to agree with ya Jason and his first try with making an auto and just being a guy just playing in the shop I'm floored ,, going to have him make me one he has a plan and I'm planning on carring one of Sean's first coin knives attached with a pocket clip ,,much like a pocket watch ,,Thats his plan ,,and One of my plans is for you to create me a auto . maybe after the holidays .

and FYI I'm proud of you all ,,Jason this blade is insane it has already bit me once ,,Sean all I can say is I DESIRE ONE , Jimmjo, your knife is right out of a horror movie it only needed fack blood on it to get those extra votes and Cardo. love everything about it,,
    A.it's a fixed blade
    B. It's a Chopper
    C. hollow grind only on one side and opposite side chisel grind very unique

Game ain't over , good luck to all ,

g

15. begreen61

Looks like we have two winners Sean and Jason tied ,,your all winner but I got to say Sean I'm so proud of you to tie with a professional knife maker and a true craftsman in the knife world like jason .FYI you bothRock and thanks to all for keeping the tradition alive here on JD ,,Love ya all my great friends

respect
    g

16. seandavid55

Kind words Gary. But, if they were both in your hands at the same time there would be a very clear winner. My skill level isn't there...yet. My hats off to everyone. I throughly enjoy the buildoff.

As it is, you devils only get to go off a photo. So hell yeah I'll take a tie haha.

Thanks for hosting Gary!

Balibuyer, begreen61, Kelper and 2 others like this.
  17. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

There are NO losers here.

Well, actually, I see the Mighty JD as a loser! What the legitimate FUCK? Only 15 votes? I seem to recall a time when we had that many entries!

Here's hoping for a brighter future!

Nice knives guys! I can only wish there had been more to pick from, butt*, that would have just made a choice harder....

18. RexRippin

RexRippin Little Member

Damn, somehow I missed this. I would have voted for black metal, that Bali turned out pretty cool. All of the entries looked great however!

Kelper, blackmetal1181 and begreen61 like this.
  19. cardoso5fr

cardoso5fr knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

The bali get my vote too :D

20. begreen61

You'll awesome ..you sweat integrity ,,and I'm proud to know ya The community is lucky to have such people like yourself and your one of many here in these web pages ,, Stay awesome and carry on

g

Kelper and blackmetal1181 like this.