1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Build it and they will come

nightrage Oct 29, 2020

1. nightrage

nightrage Little member

I started getting sucked into following all these Instagram builders. I'm sort of shocked how many people are putting hundreds of dollars down for some of these guys that have made a CAD drawing and maybe some custom scales or other parts, but never built a balisong from the ground up before. I can get behind the new Kickstarter "money first" mentality for some things, but bali building isn't one of them. Am I just old and cranky?

2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Naw... you're YOUNG and cranky. Old and cranky doesn't start until about 50-ish.

You'll soon learn that the balisong world is chock full of morons and imbeciles. Stay away from them as best you can. :bwah:

Edit: I mean the WORLD is full, but they seem to be extra concentrated in the bali community....

3. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

:goodpost3:...BUTT don't forget that there's a large portion of these buyers who are only looking to re-sell for a profit.

***Common sense is a rare attribute

nightrage and seandavid55 like this.
  4. Bigbosssman

Bigbosssman JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

It’s absolute buffoonery the shit I see. Buying products that aren’t made and waiting years for them. I always think what if this person dies,do the consumers get a refund?
    I almost can’t blame the scalper scumbags because if these kids are willing to pay double for a piece that’s in production then fuck it.

apdallaround and Balibuyer like this.