1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Buck Folder Pro. ??

seandavid55 Aug 28, 2019

1. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

A while back I was out of town working and got a call from my wife. We didnt have any water. A buddy of mine came over found the leak and basically took care of everything for me. It was a big time hassle and took him a couple days.

We had previously talked about pocket knives on multiple occasions. So I thought I'd buy him one as a thank you. After a lot of research, debate and going back and forth I picked this Buck Pro.

I ordered it from Optics Planet. It was the one place at the time that said it was in stock and I had a coupon. Of course once I made my purchase it was suddenly on back order. So I wait and wait.....and wait.

Finally, here it is. Very hard to photograph, but I'm 90% sure it has a warped blade. It runs pretty straight till about the last third of the blade towards the tip. Maybe I'll try to get some better pictures. What do you guys think?

20190828_143220-768x1024.jpg 20190828_143400-1024x768.jpg 20190828_143138-768x1024.jpg 20190828_143209-768x1024.jpg 20190828_143552-768x1024.jpg

Balibuyer likes this.
  2. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

First off, that's a pretty awesome thing to do. I did that with a tech here at the shop that has a strong plumbing background. I enjoy attempting to get people around me hooked on knives lol. So side jobs, birthdays, chirstmas, or just passing one along out of my collection, its for the love of the game. Next, I reckon I do see exactly what you're talking about. Never had any dealings with optics planet but surely they'll get you fixed up. Or fix and refinish the blade for fun/ practice youself.

seandavid55 likes this.