1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BRS Replicant FYI

apdallaround Jul 14, 2014

1. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I found some thin black foam that is sticky on one side. Cut 2 small rectangles and stuck them on the spacer on each side of the latch. Wala it now works like a spring latch. My rep is now silent and never binds up. Not only that but it still locks up perfect although I never need to lock my bali's up cuz I can't legally carry them. Also filed a bevel on each liner on the end of the safe handle so if I drop it latch side down it doesn't chew anything up(safe handle or latch on the sharp corners). Then I ever so slightly softened up all the sharp inside edges of the scales with some sand paper. This is the tightest and smoothest bali I have ever flipped. I honestly haven't flipped my pab since I got it. I flip it every single day and there is still absolutely zero play!! It's amazing! The thicker handles did take some getting used too, actually I am still getting used to them but it's not a bad thing. Love the Replicant! Thanks BRS!

2. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Huge member

Could you post a pic of this? I personally haven't had any problems with the latch but this sounds like one of the least invasive methods of holding it in place.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  3. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Got mine in yesterday from a fellow devil. This is the most solid bali I've had. Flips smooth very very minimal play. The bottom of the handles needed to be rounded off slightly. Hit it with some 800grit emery cloth and all is well. Some of the holes in the G10 needed a little sanding to get the little pieces of leftover g10 out. Not a big issue more cosmetic than functional. Got a neck sheath coming from Linos.

4. THEONEANDONLY

THEONEANDONLY Drunk on the Blood of Saints JDBA Official Member

Finally got my rep in today, I gotta say, it's pretty cool:thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Coconutfilipino likes this.
  5. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

carbon fiber scales? give up a little more info and pics... please:devilzeek

6. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

show us the knife asshole?

7. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I need me one of these, Motherfuckers!

8. dus7man

dus7man Jet life to the next life JDBA Official Member

Ya you (insert insult here), what he said!

9. BadFish667

BadFish667 Average member

I would appreciate more information on those scales as well. Looks like a more refined build all around with rounded edges.

10. apdallaround

theoneandonly wtf?

cf is cool and all but one thing i really enjoy about the replicant is the texture of the g10.

aren't those chevrons copyrighted?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
  11. BadFish667

BadFish667 Average member

I like the texture but rounding out the edges would be great for most applications. It also kind of brings the look together in my opinion.

12. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That CF Rep is Walter Payton and hundred dollar bills, man!!!

It's sweetness AND so f'ing money!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. Vampill

Vampill Preschooler JDBA Official Member

I'm pretty sure it's jeweled ti, unless Timmy changed his mind and didn't tell us...

EDIT: Just realized that wasn't Timmy's post, my bad...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  14. apdallaround

just the tip
    i'm still very amateur which means lots of drops and lots of going from tape to live blade then back to tape. i've dropped this thing so many times always on carpet and just today lost my tip... its barelly gone but is indeed damaged. i don't really care because its my main flipping knife. handle play is still barelly there. replicant is easily my favorite for flipping over my ab2.0 and rounded tachyon2. all three of my user balis are now tipless. oh well
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  15. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Thats actually sorta common for the tip of the rep it seems

WHEN they break if they are flipped they all break the same way:ross:

16. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

That scorpion has had its stinger removed.

#justthetip

17. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

#dammitbrook:madaddy:

18. VashHash

Yeah I'm waiting for my Rep Tip to break. I'm just waiting for it to happen and it hasn't. I keep getting my hopes up that it won't When it does i'll sharpen it back on. Flipping a dull bali is like carrying an unloaded gun. It has stabbed into oak floors and stuff no concrete drops yet though

Toni likes this.
  19. apdallaround

i know its common and most of you animal flippers lost your tips quick.

i assumed because of my lack of skill my tip would have gone quicker. i am more of a sloppy rabid animal flipper so i was surprised that it took this long for my tip to chip. i'm not upset or anything just wanted to give an update.:thumbsup:

20. VashHash

lost my tip today stabbing a ream of paper someone tossed at me.....
    this knife just defies all expectations it's almost fixed though Thanks DMT xtra coarse stone