1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BRS Replicant FYI

apdallaround Jul 14, 2014

1. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I've never even handled a 4x but if I remembered correctly it is heavier isn't it?

Edit: 4.2 oz on the 42. So ya it is almost an ounce heavier

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
  2. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Overall Length: 10.00"
    Blade Length: 4.50"
    Blade Material: 154-CM
    Blade Style: Scorpion Tip Tanto
    Edge Type: Plain
    Handle Length: 5.50"
    Handle Material: G-10
    Handle Color: Black
    Frame Material: Titanium
    Weight: 4.90 oz.
    Knife Type: Butterfly
    Brand: BRS
    Model: Replicant
    Country of Origin: USA

3. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Ya, I memorized those specs.lol But actually someone was saying the finnished product was 5.1 oz.:unintroduced:

4. Looseyfur

could be but I think youll find that 4.9 - 5.1 and youd be hard pressed to feel any difference. different scales, and I do believe that what we weighted at the time was sans latch.

5. Tmack

Tmack Level: True Devil

Anyone developing play in your brs knives. My replicant is showing a TINY bit of play, and the safe handle on my alpha beast has enough play for the blade to rub. Torx are all the way tight of course.

6. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

normal:thumbsup: my main ab has some blade rub and my rep is pretty broken in now and well used and has just a very slight amount of play maybe less than half the liner.

7. Tmack

Cool. I just found a thread that pretty much said, if your flipping it, the ab is going to loosen up. I assume same with the rep.
    I appreciate the response (especially when I could have searched first :p)

I like a little wiggle :)

8. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

My pAB1 has a pretty big rub; the pAB2 shows almost none.

9. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

:devilwag:

[​IMG]

10. Looseyfur

those pendants with the mosaic pins in them look cool Glenn!

I think that Replicant found a good home in that shop, lol.

Have you devils checked out glenns stuff? christmas is looming might want to start shopping at GlennsMetalWork early and beat the rush. ;)

Glenn likes this.
  11. Glenn

It's just "Hangin" out . :ross:

Those Pendants are for a Craft Show this weekend my kid launched me into.

What doesn't sell will come visit VooDoo. Or a Bizarre listing may deem more fitting . :manganr: :thumbsup:

12. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

damn man you're fuckin busy over there

13. Glenn

14. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

Maybe it's because of my OCD, but I would cringe if in fact the Replicant is resting directly on the bead necklaces. Metal on metal edge contact :unintroduced:

But it looks like it's on a bunch of baggies?

Nice pendants, btw. Those damascus ones look sick!

15. Tmack

Is that from just more use, because the pivot design is the same right? Just the torx head size is different. I saw the 2 pab in you collection thread (insane Btw!! ) and the pab1 definitely shows more rub.

And I emailed brs about getting some spare parts the my rep and pab1. Is there a way to just order them, or is email the best way to go?

16. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

blade rub is inevitable. I have it on my standard pivot balis, I have it on my bushing pivot balis, I have it on my bearing pivot balis.

"bladerub happens"

17. Tmack

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those guys who expects it not to happen. All mine do it too. It's just strange why, with the same design, some do more than others. Lots of variables though. Amount of flip time, weight, how rough it's treated etc.
    I see guys looking at blade rub like it's a malfunction, which is just ridiculous when you think about what's happening when you use the knife.

18. Area965

Area965 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Blade rub is mainly the function of the pivot design/tolerance and how the balisong was maintained.

Practically all of my balisongs don't rub at all. My PAB 1.0 rub once, but that was because the pivot was loose at the time.

Most people (mainly advance flippers, from what I noticed) like their balisongs handles play on the loose side.

I like as little handles play as possible without binding. So I always check and recheck handles play (OCD) and adjust them accordingly.

Also, I only pick better quality balisongs to prevent blade rub. Even my AA does not rub at all; although this one I did pb washers mod to make sure of that.

Funny, the Tempest has great tolerances, but I got a used one (came to me used), with signs of blade rub.

One of the reasons why I have not picked up a BM51 yet.

19. zuggzugg

zuggzugg JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Just wanted to post and let everyone know that the deal I made with Coolcalmcollect has been completed! He passed his rep over to me once he got it! It just got to me today! Love this thing! Thanks so much, man!

[​IMG]

bumgilligan likes this.
  20. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

^^^Cool deal, I owe him some greens!^^

zuggzugg likes this.