1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BRS Replicant FYI

apdallaround Jul 14, 2014

1. squidmaster23

squidmaster23 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Please do this more in the future. Fucking hilarious.

2. shleeve

shleeve Average member

First impressions:
    The blade on this thing looks fucking wicked. That tip is way more scary looking in person than pics can tell. The g10 isn't as sharp edged as I thought it would be from what people were saying, but the ends of the Ti were very sharp and I already took a diamond file to them a little bit, looked like they would fuck up the latch end. The weight feels great, and the lockup is amazing. No slop. Way bigger than what I've flipped before though, so it will take me some getting used to. Very happy with it though, great job BRS.
    Will be anodizing her sometime this week ;)

3. armedpootles

armedpootles JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

can anyone put pictures of what the g10 looks like after sanding it down a bit? want to see if it changed the look any

4. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

This post is great. Today is a good day.

5. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Instantly reminded me of this video.

***Almost shit my pants laughing so hard

[video=youtube_share;XqHYzYn3WZw]http://youtu.be/XqHYzYn3WZw[/video]

6. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Wtf?!?!

The little fucking time I have fucking had to flip my fucking Replicant, I have really fucking enjoyed it. I fucking love that it has so little fucking play in the fucking handles.

Like fucking none whatsofuckingever, which is fucking nice!!! No fucking tweaking, or fucking dialing it fucking in, just straight fucking tightness straight out of the fucking box.

I'd like to fucking thank fucking BRS, and fucking BladeHQ for bringing another fucking solid fucking flipper to the fucking market and fucking Bali community....especially at what I fucking feel is a great fucking price point.--So BRS/BladeHQ: Fucking thank fucking You!!!!

(Just about fucking everything I fucking flip on a fucking regular basis has a fucking fucked up fucking tip.)

7. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

fuckin thanks Coco

8. ac3.0

ac3.0 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Lost my tip but gained confedence in practicing scissoring. The rep makes my other knifes feel like toys.

9. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...fucking Lesbo....

WyldStyl3 likes this.
  10. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Got mine Monday. I pretty much agree with what everyone else is saying. Still getting used to the thick square handles but the tolerances are amazing! Absolutely 0 play and no binding at all. It couldn't be tuned any better in that department. The balance is great too. I think it's slightly less towards the end of the handles then the pab but it handles great. If I can get used to the thick handles or get it modded I think I'll like it just as much as my pab but time will tell.
    Another winner BRS! Keep'em comin.:thumbsup:

Edit: Only thing I'd really change is a ti latch and drop the spacers down like a 1/16" maybe so the dome latch pops out a little easier when bumping the handles together but for the price it's an awesome flipper.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
  11. Dr. Flipper

Dr. Flipper Little member

Just opened up mine like an hour ago. All I can say is fucking sweet!!!! I hope I can get the alpha beast next:devilwag:

12. Eric Koenig

Eric Koenig Huge member

what date did you order? i dont want mine to come yet because im getting a flytanium soon xD i ordered july 19th, the last batch.

13. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

July 2nd and they are getting near the end because I was like 250. Yours will be up within the next couple weeks I bet

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
  14. CannedBullets

CannedBullets JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

So does the Replicant feel a bit more heavy than a BM 4X to anyone else?

15. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Huge member

I finally got mine yesterday and I am absolutely blown away. The bushing system is amazing, it feels great and looks even better. I for one really like the larger handles but that being said, I haven't had the chance yet to do any more advanced type flipping so we'll see. One interesting thing is that because the blade is so big and the knife is so long it kind of psychs me out into thinking that it should be heavier than it is. This isn't a complaint, just something I'll have to get used to. But all in all I have to say that BRS has raised the bar and set a new standard for what excellence means in a production level balisong. Bravo!

16. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Huge member

I believe that the rep has about .8-.6 oz on the 4x, and it does feel a bit heavier being a much larger knife.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
  17. Tmack

Tmack Level: True Devil

Been flipping my new rep for 3 days now, and the thick handles do take some getting used to, but when you do, it's amazing. Makes my 4x's feel like pencils. Like most, I'm in love with the balance, and length, and even though it has the floppy latch, I don't find it to be too,
    too annoying. If it does catch the safe handle when opening, it seems to ricochet the way they intended it to. I would have liked a spring, but it's a small complaint on such an awesome flipper.

18. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

I wanna give a big thanks to the BRS crew... The Replicant is a grand slam home run touchdown return slam dunk gooooooal of a knife.

I'm still blown away by the fit and finish, especially the zero blade play. :devilzeek

And dat scorpion tip. DAMN SON! :thumbsup:

19. Looseyfur

thank you o rabbit master. ;)

Mystik likes this.
  20. Looseyfur

wait wut? 8 to 6 oz heaver then a 4x.... no sir you are mistaken.