1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BRS Replicant FYI

apdallaround Jul 14, 2014

1. JAKMAN32

JAKMAN32 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

BladeHQ

Let's hope blade hq gives us updates for the new AB and the specter in their respective threads, the 15 minute warning was nice. I'm sure it caused considerable strain on their site with everyone spamming the f5 key for 15 minutes but it was nice of them todo.

2. Roadkill54

Roadkill54 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Touché

I think I used it right there

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
  3. Waterczar

Waterczar JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I feel like there was significantly more respect in his comment towards brs and the replicant than what you are implying.

4. Roadkill54

I'm not denying that. I'm sure he has plenty of respect for BRS. But if you put your heart and soul into making something your always going to be more biased towards your work. It's human nature

5. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

No, and No...And stop posting with the assumption of division. Both of these companies are friends of each other and our community. No more, nada, zero division within the JDBA will be tolerated nor accepted.

6. Roadkill54

Alright alright. Simple mis interpretation by me. No division necessary. They both rock equally in there own right. :unintroduced:

EOD13 likes this.
  7. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

That one is mine :devilcorn:

8. Dead-On

Dead-On Grateful Member JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

9. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

No seriously-- there is not, and has never been a rival or rift between Hom Design and BRS. We have a mutual respect of each other's efforts, products, and presence in the balisong community. We've purchased each other's knives, and yes I have a premium Replicant.

10. J Ray

J Ray Formerly Morpho JDBA Official Member

You seem to be TRYING to cause a rift that isn't there. I think you are way off based on this. I certainly did not get the impression that you got from Hom's message in any way. If "he doesn't know it", then he's clearly not saying it

11. Roadkill54

That's good to know. The bali market is already scarce as is. That's the main reason I finally joined Jerzeedevil. And sorry for earlier comments. I meant no disrespect towards either of you. Just stated my unwanted opinion :cry: lol

12. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

I've seen great respect on this forum, respect for one another runs deep.

I consider BRS and HOM to be like "rider owned" companies...

the rider owned companies always produce more cutting edge desired product. typically they produce less because they are not some multi million dollar brand but they get more support from the community and amongst themselves because of what they do and who they represent.

Their products typically shine because they are based and designed off of function they as makers are greatly familiar with.

Also because they love what they are making their product support is equally strong.

:thumbsup:

13. RepEvox

RepEvox Average member

Yeah the Tach 3 is basically confirmed for 2015, didn't you know? :jdwink2:

Also it's clear that more balis in the market is a better, our market is still kind of small. Although there isn't a BRS/Hom rivalry yet, it would be healthy for us consumers, would it not? :bwah:

I'm sure all of us appreciate these knife makers and what they do for this community. The fact that there are reps here basically talking directly to the buyers is a great thing.

14. BaliAction

BaliAction Level: True Devil

Where is the Tach 3 confirmed? Enlighten me :madaddy:

I didn't think Microtech would ever make a bali again

Do you have a link of the confirmation you can add? :ropeman:

15. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It's an inside joke...a member claims to have inside knowledge they recieved from a high level employee of MT during multiple phone calls (personal relationship). I would attempt to locate and link, but honestly...it's not worth the effort and I gotta go pee...

16. Dead-On

[​IMG]

17. Roadkill54

Tach 3....The number 3....

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED

Edit: I quoted the wrong post......I need some forum practice

18. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

19. kuskert

kuskert Huge member

Hey all,
    An idea recently popped into my head that I think would be awesome for someone to do. I was thinking about getting custom spacers made for my replicant. It's mainly a mod for people that like to flip latchless. Basically you remove the latch and the custom spacers extend to the ends of the handles so there is a little extra weight on the ends of the handles and it would look neat because they would be flush with the ends of the handles. Tell me what you guys think and how do-able it is?

20. Dead-On

There's a thread for that...