1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BRS Replicant FYI

apdallaround Jul 14, 2014

1. renly25

renly25 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Never Been so mad, To get such a GREAT KNIFE!!!

First of all thanks to TMack for being a bali bro and giving me the heads up!!

im swamped at work and still manage to get in on a grey AND white rep..... Im on cloud 9... fast forward like half an hour and i call BHQ to combine and upgrade on my shipping 4 the two orders.They tell me that my credit card marked the second transaction as fraud because it was charging the same dollar amount right after one another and im like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    :cry:

*of course by this time they are sold out and im out of my white rep!!!!!
    fuk its been a while since i was that upset lol

anyways thanks to BRS for reminding me i can still feel feelings :bwah:
    and for the awesome product. (maybe i can just get 2 AB's lol)

2. mattopel

mattopel Little member

That bites man! I called right after putting my order in because I couldn't believe I got one of the blue ones! I was in a meeting for an hour before and came back and refreshed 2 times and bam! Didn't even look to see if my shipping was correct...

3. Dead-On

Dead-On Grateful Member JDBA Official Member

Yep...!

[​IMG]

...and I'm there!

[​IMG]

4. Roadkill54

Roadkill54 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

For everyone who wants to know how to RIT dye g10, type that exact thing into google and you can watch people do it, and screw up doing it as well. Just some advice, that shit reeks so you must have ventilation to do it. If done correctly it dyes the g10 to the core so it won't rub off as long as it's done properly.

As for anodizing, if you have the equipment to do so then you already know how :devilzeek

5. renly25

renly25 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

congrats man! i would love to see some pics of that when it lands

6. jwills7

jwills7 Little member

a brick / red clay dye will eventually turn to what is a soft pink. i experienced this on my spyderco southard.

7. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Sounds like your G10 has been lacking some attention. If you throw oils such as tire shine on it, it will restore the brick red color. The soft pink is the G10 drying out.

nine1524 likes this.
  8. Roadkill54

Won't have to worry about my g10 drying out on a specter....... My hype is about 20 times greater for that release

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  9. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

This is why BRS AND BladeHQ are the shit.

I wish more companies would take note of how they handle/do things in their customer service.

Big Kudos to all involved in both the BRS AND BladeHQ teams.

10. RepEvox

RepEvox Average member

I'm with you there. I'd rather put balisong funds into a full titanium Specter. We will all see what the new Alpha Beast brings, but I still stick to my seemingly unpopular opinion about the ugliness of the first AB and the Rep's blade style.

Nobody can argue with this excellent display of business conduct between BRS and BladeHQ. I've never done business with BladeHQ before, but I plan to with the Specter/AB3.0/Tachyon 3.

11. BaliAction

BaliAction Level: True Devil

Tachyon 3 :bwah:

12. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

There's a Tachyon 3?:ropeman:

If it's anything like the Tachyon 2 I think I'll pass :bwah:

13. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Well, let's not turn this into a Specter vs Replicant thing. I'm a big fan of the Replicant as you cannot beat the knife for the value.

As always, the more choices in the balisong world, the better!

14. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

15. Roadkill54

Touché

16. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Pretty sure that wasn't a touché moment.

Which also makes me wonder whether douché is pronounced similar.:ross:

McCoy1996 likes this.
  17. Frickbot

Frickbot Does not compute

That aint no joke.

Hopefully my White/purple rep will come in before i head to work monday, if not i guess my wife will have to bring it during my lunch :D

now to start saving for a specter or a really nice RC car :manganr:

18. Skipit

Skipit JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Already gots the money for a Specter whenever that is to be released. Also interested in the Bali 42flipper is making. :ross:

Was hoping my Rep would've shipped by now, oh well. When I bought my BM51 that sucker shipped same day, was hoping for the same. I'm impatient :D.

19. Frickbot

Frickbot Does not compute

Me too man, i selected 2 day shipping but now im really wishing i did 1 day.

Are the latches and spaces on this batch anno'd or is it just the liners?

20. armedpootles

armedpootles JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Just liners I think