1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BRS Replicant FYI

apdallaround Jul 14, 2014

1. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

dus7man likes this.
  2. apdallaround

feel free to add useful replicant content so the thread has some life to it

3. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I plan to edc this one (need a linos sheath I think) and post a non flipper oriented reiview.

4. apdallaround

agreed, i've commented about feeling blah about g10 but i carry my 51 because of light weight pretty often so the idea of a brs bali in g10 is really appealing to me

5. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The rep will weigh almost as much as the beast though. 4.9 vs 5.1. The rep will be a tank compared to the 51. Thank god!lol

6. apdallaround

good point, damn that will be a tank of a g10 scale bali now i want it moreso than b4

7. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'd enjoy that, please do this

8. armedpootles

armedpootles JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

you should make a review on it:thumbsup:

9. jjhamilton

Unfortunately I was unable to pick one up this round, hopefully I'll catch one on the secondary or the next batch...I've been super excited about this one for sure!

10. nine1524

nine1524 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Linos or anyone that's been around longer than me:

Once the Rep is actually out how long is the usual turnaround for Linos sheaths to be available? Does Linos take special orders for more of a pocket-clip/inner pocket/waistband style sheath?

11. jjhamilton

Linos will of course be able to answer this for himself, but I would assume he would need a Rep to make the sheath. I don't know if he ordered one or not...

12. nine1524

Absolutely. I hope he did :-)

13. nuts4knives

I talked to him about this today and it doesn't sound like he ordered one and didn't know when he would be getting one. If someone sent him one he could make one I bet

I too want one from him

14. nuts4knives

I just don't know if I'll want to be without my new Rep for a week or whatever

15. nine1524

Gotcha. I went ahead and messaged him, before I saw your reply. If he can't make one at release its all good, I'm sure he has plenty to keep himself busy. Maybe I can find a nice leather worker locally, I've always wanted a nice leather sheath. Just thought it'd be cool to get something from the community directly.

16. nine1524

Yeah, this is enough waiting for me.

I know it doesn't compare to all of you who have custom orders out there... I'm sure this is a drop in the bucket. This will be my FIRST knife of this caliber, though, so I'm pretty anxious!

17. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I will volunteer mine, but it will likely be a simple kydex one. Im sure he can make whatever once he has one in hand tho.

18. nuts4knives

I'm not a custom guy partially because I'm to impatient for it. I do have a few nice flippers though and I'm super excited for this. The day it's delivered can't come soon enough.

19. nuts4knives

That's all I want. Just a simple neck sheath just like the others he makes

20. crosscuttlery

crosscuttlery Enormous member

Im pretty excited as well, the longest bali iv ever handled other than my very first nathan dewey (which was everything I looked for in a flipper) would be a 42 I guess and I felt that was a bit too light for me. I'd like to see how the weight dispersed across that much knife will handle for me.