1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BRS Quality control issues.

IAmNotARealBoy_ Aug 11, 2017

1. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Brigade Member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I had an issue with a BRS knife recently. I emailed them and the next day they sent me a new one and a return label for the defective one. I couldn't ask for better customer service.

XtraMedium and BennytheBlade like this.
  2. XtraMedium

XtraMedium Devil's Cohort JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I hate to admit this, but my green rep looks just like the one in the pic. It's not great. Also, a friend of mine just received a box of 4 infinities. All were loose in the box. None of the handles swing free. Big box no packing material. What gives? Has to be an explanation. Hope there's an explanation.

3. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

That sux man. My buddy actually just had an issue too, he emailed them and got a reply same day, they handled it for him with no hassles besides having to be without his knife for up to 6 weeks.

XtraMedium likes this.
  4. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

next time get the cheaper one and pay me 100 to go over it

5. XtraMedium

I do need some of your work in my collection. Now is not a great time, but definitely someday. You come very highly recommended by a certain lady Devil.

desmodus likes this.
  6. XtraMedium

I will reply to my own post. I straightened out my scale issues in about 90 seconds with a fresh xacto blade. I cannot explain the packaging debacle with my friend, but all is right with the world for me. At least with my green rep anyway. Also, I have said this many times before: No matter if it was $280 or $315, blotchy ano or perfect, fuzzy scales or clean. You CANNOT BUY A BETTER FLIPPING KNIFE THAN A REPLICANT FOR THE PRICE. Find me a better $300 knife and I will take a big bite of shit sandwich. Keep in mind, I am not necessarily a BRS ride or die homie. I have no dog in the fight one side or the other. (I have had several conversations with some of you that can verify this is true) I do however stand firmly behind that statement. That's my two cents.

7. Wonx23

Wonx23 Little member JDBA Official Member

That green one looks awful. The white one would be OK for me honestly. A Rep is a Knife thats meant to be used, not a collectors item.
    But either way, why do you want to give BRS shit so bad? At least give them a chance to fix their mistakes before you ramble about them.

8. WalkingTree

WalkingTree JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Why is this acceptable?

Joker188, Jedi87 and kerberos0023 like this.
  9. G-man

G-man JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I know right? Noob kiddos just coming in here thinking they can shit on whoever they want? Where does it end?

10. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

HOM did have a huge QC issue with some of the blade finishes on his specter release, streaks across the satin finish. He was willing to refinsh the blades on those effected but they did initially slip through QC.

I'm sure BRS would make it right just the same.

Likewise a coworker ordered a custom made/colored mini barrage directly from benchmade. The blade center was way off and rubbing. Pretty sad it was a custom right out of BM's hands with this QC issue. He returned it and they made it right.

Everyone has QC issues that slip by, give them a chance to correct it before bashing.

BRS got where they are because of support from the community and damn sure they will make it right.

XtraMedium and Wonx23 like this.
  11. WalkingTree

We're not speaking on the behavior of the OP. Why is this acceptable?

kerberos0023 likes this.
  12. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

Here is a good example of contacting the dealer or the manufacturer after an issue.

My dogbite 3.1 is missing a PB washer from new.

Bladehq can't help cause they don't deal with hardware.

I contacted USAKnifemakers and Tracy replied promptly and is sending me washers. That is stand up customer service!

I'll continue to support USAKnifemakers with my hardware needs.

tmik, Dustygmt and seandavid55 like this.
  13. Nomoremrknifeguy89

Nomoremrknifeguy89 Little Member

I had the same thing on my cf rep. Rubing, the chevron's look like the green one you it the picture of. Just takes some tlc, I was Ben out of shape but nothing a few tools can't fix, or I'm sure the seller or brs would fix it.

14. DarklightY2K

DarklightY2K Huge member

Could be wrong on this, but I'm 90% sure that Hom and BRS knives are made in the same location. So if all your Hom knives came perfect, maybe this is a lemon and you should contact BRS about it??? They seem to care about the quality of their products from what I've seen. And most of the people on this forum can't fix your problem for you (other than Loosey and Knifezoid, but this is the wrong place to bring a complaint up to them) so maybe taking initiative to contact BRS over the issues and see what they say should be considered before ranting on a forum where your problems can't even be solved...

desmodus likes this.
  15. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

i dont know where the parts are knocked out but i do know they are not finished in the same place

16. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

so much butthurt in here. The plastic knives looking plastic is a bit of a lol for me. Looks like metal knives that never got deburred. Would for sure behoove BRS to speak with whomever on the finishing line does the packaging and see if they can get a little less complacent.

The 4 infinity shipped loose is really weird. Cost cutting measure to save on that high end corrugated? Shipping related? can't really wrap my head around that one.

FlyGuy, XtraMedium and Ben. like this.
  17. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

I'm sure BRS will crack down on the issue as it's probably very costly and inconvenient to get knives back in for warrantee repairs. Somebody on the line might be boozing it up a lil bit, who knows....

18. WalkingTree

Warped AB handles, latch gates that are too small, poorly finished rep scales, terribly cut rep spacers, infinity spacers that aren't flush with the handles, badly ground edges...

Whatever is going on, it's a systemic issue and it's not uncommon.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  19. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

It wasn't a huge QC issue, it was a miscommunication to the grinder to properly pack the blades as the grind panels were unprotected during shipping and assumed to be refinished anyway. Most of the Specter run was ok, but a decent percentage had refinished grind panels prior to being released. That being said, I don't have perfect production runs either and have had a few knives from each run that shipped that needed some additional rework but nothing major or across the board.

Joker188, guyver, XtraMedium and 2 others like this.
  20. WalkingTree

Yeah that issue was very minimal to say the least.