1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BRS Alpha Beast Ti Channel

Joker188 Jul 25, 2018

1. Joker188

Joker188 Little Member

Greetings Devils,
    I noticed an interesting 'coming soon' on BladeHQ. It will be an Alpha Beast with channeled titanium handles. While relatively new to the Bali community my AB 3.0 Premium Bronze is my favorite knife. I'm tempted to jump on this drop as soon as it's available but I'd like to inquire if y'all anticipate a bowie, or even fingers crossed acid bowie channel coming down the pipeline. I'd hate to miss out if this is going to be a limited channeled opportunity but would rather wait for one of the above mentioned possible combinations. Let me know if anyone has more info, particularly if anyone has heard a drop date.

Thank you,
    Joker

ItsRicks likes this.
  2. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I would guesstimate that it will sport all the same blade profiles as its sandwich brother. The proto's have the scimitar grind, so the spearpoint and Bowie should also fit.

Knowing BRS they'll probably have different blade and handle finishes. Maybe a new blade profile.. who knows!?

I've often thought that a Saracoated blade would be cool. Probably not on the AB but on the Barebones because of the SS handles. Heaps of colors to choose from and that stuff is tough af (I have it on my AA blade).

Anywho.. the Chabs were unveiled at Bladeshow a few weeks back. BRS won't ever give you a drop date because shit changes and is often out of their control.. and if they do, the answer will be "soon".

My guess would be sometime early next year maybe.

My guess for price is more than the sammich and less than the BM87.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  3. Joker188

Joker188 Little Member

nostimos likes this.
  4. Tim Bacus

Tim Bacus JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Chab is cool but I'm more excited about the Ti Replicants!

5. NitrousFox

NitrousFox Little Member

Same here! Hope it isn’t too too heavy now

6. Joker188

Joker188 Little Member

I trust they've translated spacers to channel handles. Nothing about BRS assumes oversight.

7. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Yeah, if it's more than the BM87 it just wouldn't appeal to me as much, being that the 87 is the same materials essentially, just on bearings.

8. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

The 87 is a miserable Bali for flipping but for a small percent of people in the community.

That Channel alpha beast is going to be one killer flipping mother fucker.

Bearing might seem like a better value to some people but I think they're a cop out when it comes to precision from the manufacturer. Bushings are more work to get perfect. There are fewer flippers who prefer bearings too bushings when it comes to flipping too. In short I don't think bearings make a knife more desirable or valuable.

I don't care if it's a hundred dollars more than the 87 I'll buy one. I don't think it will cost that much; I'm just saying :)

nostimos likes this.
  9. Jedi87

Jedi87 Little Member

The 87 is miserable for flipping? :disagree:

desmodus and GuItArMaN8373 like this.
  10. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I heard Ed talking on Instagram.

He mentioned that they were aiming for sub $500 for the base CHAB.

Premium CHABs might go over $500.

11. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm not saying it sucks for everyone. There are a good number of people who dig it just fine. I just don't think it's a huge number.

12. GuItArMaN8373

Either way I hope this doesn't happen til end of the year .... I'm too broke right now! And I KNOW i'm going to want both the new TI scaled Rep along with the new AB.

nostimos likes this.
  13. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

OP, considering the interest, I wouldn't worry about the blade profile if I was you. and would just try to grab one and be thankful for it when they drop. If you don't like it, you can always resell or have it reprofiled/modded.

GuItArMaN8373 and nostimos like this.
  14. Joker188

Joker188 Little Member

Thank you, Devils.

15. GuItArMaN8373

God forbid you get it and hate it .... it's a BRS, should resale for what you paid for it, if not more, if you treat it lovingly. BRS listings, especially on here, always sell fast!