1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Brian Tighe d/a otf

BennytheBlade Feb 15, 2019

1. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

2. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

Saw it a few weeks ago. Branded "Brian Tighe and Friends" and obviously made by a larger production maker. So who are his friends?

3. Brian_W204

BTW, it looks like it would make a good user. It's very similar to the size and weight and shape of a Scarab S/E, but lacks the useless glass breaker and is $200 cheaper than Scarabs were the last time dealers had them in stock. I'm not crazy about the look of handle texturing, though.

Still wondering who makes them. Pretty much has to be one of: Microtech, Heretic, Hogue, or Benchmade.

4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

It says its a custom, not BTAF... I agree its a great as far as proportions and for carry, except its cost and too fancy. Made in Canada where Tighe is located... would love more info on it.

5. Brian_W204

Dealer website says country of origin is USA, and given the laws, I don't think this is a mistake.

BennytheBlade likes this.
  6. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

I kinda like the texturing and usually that shit turns me off to a knife.

7. Rover

Rover Rock N' Roll Outlaw JDBA Official Member

I believe I've seen custom and production. These look interesting. Never handled one but I hear nothing but good about Tighes

8. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

I saw these a little while back and was wondering the same. Who is the "and friends"? The side openers look sweet as well.

9. David Delgado

David Delgado Little Member

I have 2 coming In this week. I'll let you guys know my thoughts.

10. BennytheBlade

Thanks. Its on my list but I wanna know from someone on JD instead of someone on youtube.

11. David Delgado

I will let you know Saturday. I should have them Friday then I'll put them through a couple torture tests and let you know.

12. David Delgado

So here is my thoughts on the knife. Its a great knife. It fires very reliable and solid. the texture had me a little worried before it came in but now that i have it in my hand it is very minimal. the ridges are so slight you can hardly feel them but just enough to add for a good grip. Blade play is about the same as my microtechs. I do think the microtechs fire just a little more solid feeling but not much. I wouldn't take away from the tighe for it. I love The pocket clip. For the price i don't think you can go wrong. It is a very nice OTF.

KAZ2 and BennytheBlade like this.
  13. BennytheBlade

Cool... If you get a chance, post some pics or a vid. Gonna have to check out whats in stock online.

14. David Delgado

ill send some pics and a vid tomorrow.

15. David Delgado

So I have a video and pics but it wont let me upload. Says file is to large.

16. BennytheBlade

17. David Delgado

I'll load them on imgur or something tomorrow.

18. BennytheBlade

Gotta say, I really like the look and size. If there arent any function problems, Im grabbing one.
    really like the clip and button. Plus I think w/ pocket time that ano may wear and give it a cool "battle worn" look.
    [Davids pics, not mine]

btaf1.jpg

btaf2.jpg
    btaf3.jpg
    btaf4.jpg
    btaf5.jpg

Scott Meers likes this.
  19. David Delgado

This video will sum up functionality pretty well. Very little bladeplay. About the same as a microtech. The only thing is on the realease I feel a slight spring vibration. Everything else I love about this knife.

20. mauritz45

mauritz45 Tiny Member

Thanks for the review. Nice knife, I love the blade shape and finger grooves