1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Brass Ultratech

damascus9 Dec 10, 2013

1. KAZ2

KAZ2 Huge member

This reply by my favorite knife vendor is another reason/example why JD is the best Blade forum :thumbsup:

2. DBIII

DBIII Little member

Re release on the Tach 2? I bought a supposed LE a few months back......one of 59 I think, hmmmm.

3. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

MT just sent us 10. These have different blade markings than the LE, the blades on this run look to be from the regular production run. Probably found some extra handles.

-Jacob

4. DBIII

DBIII Little member

Thanks for the clarification Jacob, these brass Tachs are awesome. I'm sure those 10 will be gone shortly.

5. Jigsawed

Jigsawed There is no cow level JDBA Official Member

The brass seriously looks like gold when you get them, but over time it turns a lot darker. I just pulled my brass tach 2 out, and its totally different than what you see pictured.

Not sure if should clean, or leave patina to build value. :confused:

6. DBIII

DBIII Little member

Brasso?!?!? :madaddy:

7. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Too much gritty residue that will get into recesses and the action.

If you want *shiny*, this stuff's better...> NEVR-DULL.

ETA: Available at any ACE Hardware...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
  8. Burnt Reynolds

Burnt Reynolds JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Hmm... So the non-LE are rarer than the original limited edition release...
    :ross: :unintroduced:
    But srrsly,I'm getting one. The black blade on brass is.too tasty to pass up.

9. 45acpmike

45acpmike Huge member

Really?
    Only two?

Is there any plans for another blade style?

10. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

We have some black double edge with black hardware that just came in. They look really great. I should have them up today.

11. GIZMO

GIZMO Little member

got one to!

I got the single edged version. They are pretty heavy compared to the non brass models. :)