1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Brass Ultratech

damascus9 Dec 10, 2013

1. damascus9

damascus9 Average member

Just got one of these today. It's pretty sweet. Like BladeHQ states, they're meant for collecting rather than heavy use, although they feel heavy duty compared to a standard Ultratech. They weigh about twice as much. The brass has a stonewashed look.

2. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

First one I've seen, I like it.

3. silkworm

silkworm Silky Devil JDBA Official Member

Looks good. I bet it would age quite well as an EDC.

4. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Completely out of fucks to give Brigade Member

I know it says they are for collecting and is not heavy use but I can't really see think of anything that would wear out because it's made of brass.

5. itadakimasu

itadakimasu There are no kangaroos in Austria! JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Nice to see some "real" unphotoshopped pictures of it. About the wear, isn't brass much softer than aluminium, or as you call it aluminum :bwah:.

6. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Double Double post post

sickboy sickboy

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
  7. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

In would think any part that has contact with any other metal would wear much faster than other metals. Brass is pretty soft. That is why we are no longer in the brass age of the world.....:ross: hell of a nice looking knife. I love the look and weight of brass. I would welcome the heft of it.

sickboy

8. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Good quality keys are made out of nickel-silver. They wear much longer than the old brass keys.

I'm afraid that the OTF action would wear the brass shell down pretty quickly. Like they say, it's more of a safe queen than a user.

Still, it looks good. I may have to pick one up for myself! :thumbsup:

9. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

definitely like the look of the brass U/T

I saw they are like 7+ oz also, that's a pocket monster right there (or Pokemon if you will)

itadakimasu and sickboy like this.
  10. itadakimasu

itadakimasu There are no kangaroos in Austria! JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Holy shit, you just changed my childhood. :devilzeek

Mpsecare likes this.
  11. senseicharles

senseicharles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I like that! As it ages, it's really gonna look cool I think. More pictures in a year or two? :manganr:

12. Boogerball

Boogerball My posse's on Broadway Brigade Member

bet your hands smell real good :jdwink2:

13. itadakimasu

[​IMG]

Jigsawed likes this.
  14. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

I got the exact same model on Friday. I fired it twice. First time the blade came out of the handle maybe half way. Blade had a lot of oil on it, though, so I'm pretty sure that was the problem. Fired fine the second time, then put away.

I noticed immediately that the handle doesn't have the milled grooves in the sides for grip.

Does anybody know how many of these were made?

BTW, I've seen the insides of microtechs where blade retainer pin hits the end of the handle groove that it's slides in and the aluminum gets deformed. I expect this would be worse with brass, but maybe not.

15. damascus9

damascus9 Average member

I was wondering the same thing, about how many of each model Microtech produces. For Daltons you can find almost the exact production numbers for every model and variant. This might be a BladeHQ exclusive. I'll ask them. Don't know if they'll tell me, but it won't hurt to ask!

16. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Historically one was hard-pressed to get an accurate number of anything MT makes/made. This included supposedly limited-edition items IIRC.

17. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

BladeHQ's description says it was made specifically for their Cyber Monday sale, which implies that it's exclusive. They should know how many they ordered/received. I don't see why they wouldn't tell you.

BTW, I noticed they're still in stock and still at the "Cyber Monday" price.

18. zr24x4er

zr24x4er Huge member

I think they have made at least 50 of each model from what they say has been in stock so far.

19. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

It is currently an exclusive for us, but MT may have plans to offer it to others in the future. They've made about 120 so far, half were black SE and half were satin DE. There were also only 2 black SE with partial serrations made. Nice little collector pieces. If you want a brass Tachyon to match , we just got in a few!

-Jacob

[​IMG]

20. damascus9

damascus9 Average member

Microtech's website states they've produced "over 40,000" Ultratechs since 1999. I can believe that.