1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Braggin' Time!!! Custom Takedas

junglegoober Apr 30, 2019

1. junglegoober

junglegoober Professor Bigdick JDBA Official Member

I've had my Takeda 240 gyuto for about 9 years now, and decided I wanted to upgrade my handle. I found dphamnlades on IG and he was a joy to work with. I asked him for advice on a heavier gyuto to complement the very thin blade on mine and he had a fairly rare Takeda 210 'classic' on hand that not only fit my needs but also matched my current workhorse. I had him do a custom handle on it as well, and gave him full creative license.

InstaSave.jpg
    InstaSave.jpg

2. Sparks

Sparks Tiny Member

Gorgeous

junglegoober likes this.
  3. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Do those get used? Stabby stabby, meat cutting, safe queen? I have no idea what the standard practice is in the world of fixed blades like these.

***All I know is that they are stunning

junglegoober likes this.
  4. junglegoober

junglegoober Professor Bigdick JDBA Official Member

I use mine almost every time I cook, they only look better with patina :)

I have some German steel I use when working around bone, but these make dispatching vegetables and meat chunks a pleasure. So sharp you can't even feel it when you cut yourself!