1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bradley Kimura II, III, IV - Being Discontinued?

Mystik Jul 27, 2012

1. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

There's some discussion on the blade forums that Bradley won't be producing the K8 because of the initial criticisms that they received when the prototypes were revealed. Something about how... people kept complaining about how the Kimura line is the same old design that Kershaw keeps making for Bradley and how it seems like they just swap blade and handle profiles every time, while keep the same dimensions and design.

In Kershaw's defense, they're just contractors for Bradley, so they don't really have a say in what kind of designs Bradley wants to put out there in production. I thought that the K8 prototypes actually solved some of the problems of the current Kimura design: increase the handle widths with the addition of handle slab overlays, and to increase the grip at the same time.

Sad to see that they, too, won't be produced due to lack of interest.

(I would have to look for the posts if you guys want proof, but they're buried deep somewhere in blade forums...)

2. Bali_flipper

Bali_flipper Huge member

there isn't a single goddamn channel bali in production aside from CCCs is there? Someone needs needs to fix that.

3. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Maybe they've been silently studying how to make a kick ass balisong and are going to blow the doors I the mutha sucka?

Of course since kershaw makes em and they seem to have their hands full producing tactical thumbers I am not holding my breath.

4. Mystik

I think Roton is still in production.... but backordered with a long wait list.

5. Bali_flipper

Bali_flipper Huge member

Where can I get on the list for a Roton? just preorder and BHQ or some such?

6. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

go start up a balisong company and make one bro.

7. Mystik

Well, technically, there's also "Bear and Sons" more affordable line of balisongs which are channel construction by design. But poorly executed.

For Roton, there's only one dealer. If you Google it, it will be the top result. Also, the dealer is the maker.

8. SockMonster

SockMonster Huge member

I want to start a balisong company. I like doing stuff myself and I'm definitely going to buy a kit and see if this would be a career path I could keep up with.

9. Bali_flipper

Bali_flipper Huge member

Actually, if the next few months go according to plan (which I dont think they will, a plan is merely so you know what WON'T happen) I will be making boat loads of dollars. If it does end up being that way, I was planning on maybe helping -=BRS=- out to get its feet a little more firmly planted.

All joking aside, as soon as you guys have stocks, I want to invest.

10. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

yah we have 2000 shares... its a fact.

11. Bali_flipper

Bali_flipper Huge member

Tell me where to buy em.

12. lumsify

lumsify Huge member

eh i guess thats sad. i truly think the kimuras are the best beginning balis out there for the price. i love my k4 and i gone a long way with it and finally got better balis. at least they still have the newer ones for the newer flippers:ross: