1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bradley Kimura II, III, IV - Being Discontinued?

Mystik Jul 27, 2012

1. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

So... for all your Kimura lovers (or haters) out there:

I've been lurking over at the blue forum, browsing through threads when I noticed that some people mention Bradley/Kershaw isn't making the older style Kimura anymore (K1, K2-K4). Which is kind of sad to hear, because arguably the Kimura 2 is their most popular style.

One particular post struck my attention, and comes from a guy who received this email directly from Bradley:

"This was the email response I recieved from Bradley:
    Good morning,

Thank you for the kind words. We still plan on building the Kimuras, but
    some lines (the I, II & III) will not be in the near future.

Thank you again for using Bradley Cutlery.
    "
    [Source]

We already know that the Kimura 1 has been long discontinued, but they didn't specifically mention the Kimura 4. Seeing as they are discontinuing the K2 and K3, it would only follow that they take off the K4 as well since it uses the same handle profiles.

Think I'm gonna try to grab one while I still can, but it seems like almost every dealer is out of stock of K2's right now... :devilzeek

2. sirhorsechoker

sirhorsechoker cheapskate balifag fliptard

Good looking out homie :thumbsup:

3. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Kimura VIII...carbon fiber. That's the only one that I really want. That's harder to find than "Waldo".

4. JohnnyBmore

JohnnyBmore Balisong defender

I should have more Kimura 4-7 in about a week or two .. but I have not been able to order the 2-3 for months .

5. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Good to know.
    I was going to sell my kimura II.
    It's RARE since in doesn't say "made in USA". :jdwink2:
    But if they discontinue them, now it's priceless!:bwah:

6. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

naw Im just playin its like saying goodbye to an old friend.. cause when no one was even attempting to ding 100 bucks.. the kimmys were there giving an ok flipper and well crafted knife to the masses.

I would say though that they had a pretty big opportunity when they rocked the newer ones and didnt quite take the bull by the horns...

oh well paring down to the more recent models makes sense to me...

L.

7. Bali_flipper

Bali_flipper Huge member

I personally don't mind. the later models (5 thru 7) are essentially the same thing, and manufacturing 2-4 just uses more machines to make pretty much the same thing. the only real difference is aesthetics. It would be different if they were completely different knives, but we will still have essentially the same thing with the later models, so I will not mourn their loss.

8. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I favored the newer slots over the 2/3/4 which remind me of Hives/wheals on skin.

They're decent knives for the money, and if you tape or dulls the blade, you have a good trainer.

9. Bali-man

Bali-man JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It's a little sad but I will get over:yuna:

10. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Maybe they are retooling to come out with new models..well not bradley but kershaw..+.....one could dream of other designs coming out in the future...

11. tx101

tx101 Stuck in the middle with you JDBA Official Member

^^^ what he said

It would be even cooler if the BRS crew had a hand in any new Kimmies .... just thinking out aloud :D

12. jjhamilton

Qft....gotta agree and i believe bradley/kershaw would be an awsome partnership woth brs ....as far as what bali(s) would come from the collab....these dreams we have....

13. rokboks

rokboks Huge member

please please please make this a sign of a new model! people sing praises of kimmies for the value but a revamp in design would be worth it :devilzeek

14. DeadPuppy

DeadPuppy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Hopefully they'll get rid of them to make room for a Kimura IX that actually flips halfway decently. The quality of the kimura is untouched in that price range, if they made something that flipped like a B200 with the build quality of a Kimura it would be GOLDEN.

I sort of already gave up on Kershaw actually doing this but hey, a man can dream.

15. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

:iagree:

16. worthless

worthless worthless? Nah!

Welcome back EOD!

17. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

I only wish that they're going to introduce new models for the Kimura line, but I've also heard rumours that Bradley is trying to expand into the firearms market... :devilcorn:

18. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Didn't microtech have the same desire? How well did that work for them?

Why cant companies just try to get even better at what they're already good at?

19. jjhamilton

Interesting...i would assume 1911s or ar15...hope they pay attention to the microtech msar ordeal.....

20. Bali_flipper

Bali_flipper Huge member

Looking at bradley's website it seems like balisongs are the backbone of their products. has anyone heard about the K8's going in to production? the thing i dont understand is balis seem to be their bread and butter but they dont actually make them.... the kimuras are rebranded kershaws.... the mayhems are rebranded benchmades.... makes no damn sense to me.