1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bowie Alpha Beasts Releasing Tomorrow?

CGunning May 3, 2019

1. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I got it quite some time back from GrommetsLeathercraft on Etsy for something like $25. He advertises them for benchmade 6x balis but if you email him he can make them larger.

apdallaround likes this.
  2. David Delgado

David Delgado Little Member

Google balisong leather sheath and there are quite a few options. There are some guys that will even custom make a sheath for you but those run about $70 plus shipping.

3. mikee36

mikee36 Tiny Member

4. chutcher

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 9.54.25 PM.png

apdallaround likes this.
  5. P-hilC

P-hilC Tiny Member

Could you send his info to me too please? Thanks!

6. chutcher

apdallaround and P-hilC like this.
  7. P-hilC

P-hilC Tiny Member

8. P-hilC

P-hilC Tiny Member

An hour later, and Bowie's still available. I totally figured they would be gone by now!

9. David Delgado

Yea and i double checked the email. It does say "all knives come with our new BRS Case" I hope i get the one pictured here and not the one pictured on the site.

10. David Delgado

I guess nobody wants the bowie. I actually like it.

11. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

No, I think they have the same amount of each. Just looking at the design its obvious the 3.0 (original design) is the best looking...alt (or whatever the other blade style) is the second best looking...and that bowie is fugly.

***Definitely let us know what you think of your purchase...always good to hear a virgin's perspective

12. mikee36

mikee36 Tiny Member

I am very new to this. Probably not being smart about it either. I really like the bowie look. More than anything else. I grabbed a bowie and a standard. The standard looks cool but I think I'd take the bowie over that

Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  13. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

That CF case is either huge or the person holding it is 10 years old.

AnthonyTheAbyss likes this.
  14. P-hilC

P-hilC Tiny Member

Will do for sure. Very excited! Now the wait... They are still available, wow.

15. chutcher

Wow. 6am and the bowies are still in stock.

16. Organ Grinder

Organ Grinder Little Member

Yeah. Pretty shocked tbh. As far as cases...I’m willing to bet that it’s just the standard that comes with the knives and the big one will he sold separately at some point.

17. Scott Meers

Scott Meers Little Member

Received my order of the ALT blade today. The finish is darker than I imagined, which I like, this being my first BRS Alpha Beast. However once I opened the knife I noticed a brownish / red mark halfway up near the edge. Tried wiping off with the cloth, but that did nothing. I just emailed BRS so I'll see how they want to handle it.

Also, the case is the same one for sale on their site currently, I think someone had mentioned that there might be a new case, but that does not appear to have been changed.

IMG_20190516_120136557.jpg _IMG_000000_000000.jpg

AnthonyTheAbyss likes this.
  18. P-hilC

P-hilC Tiny Member

Well, didn't get mine. Got an email on Monday saying that they messed up, and had an issue with their inventory management system apparently. I purchased a Standard blade AB, but was told that they didn’t have enough Standards and would offer a refund or send an Alt blade instead. I don't really want an Alt, and got the refund. Pretty bummed. Waiting on the credit to hit the bank...

19. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I'll check on mine when I get home tonight (tracking said it delivered yesterday but I haven't been home to pick it up) and update if there are any issues. Definitely have BRS fix the issue. For that much money it should be perfect.

Sorry to hear man. Don't do anything stupid and buy one with the price marked up in the Voodoo.

***I've never had any issues with BRS

20. Scott Meers

Scott Meers Little Member

BRS got back to me through email giving me the go ahead to try and remove it and that they would fix if necessary. I was able to get the mark out with some gun cleaner and a blue scotch brite pad after several scrubbings. Doesn't appear to have messed with the finish, but if the light hits just right you can see a little shadow left, but nothing I'm worried about as I'm sure it will be gone shortly with some use.

I can definitely see / feel why these are regarded as one of the best. Smooth action and handles offer good grip.